Canadian Money Forum banner
201 - 220 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
It's a normal to pull an offer if the seller misrepresented themselves.

Why would anyone pay full price for a business that only has a portion of the customers that they claim? That's why books are reviewed and due diligence is done.
Why would someone make an unconditional offer without performing their own due diligence ?

Musk claims he can improve the operation and profitability of Twitter, so maybe he was willing to pay more at the time.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Anyone the least bit familiar with Twitter knows that 80% of accounts are phony ones set up by bots so as to be able to sell blocks of twitter followers to game the popularity algorithms. The going rate is about US$30/thousand. Heck, Musk himself probably started with a 100K phony followers.

Pulling out on those grounds is pretty contrived. It makes it seem to me that he never really wanted to buy it, he we just messing with them.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
So, they're suing Musk because he exposed the fact that their bot count was higher than they claimed, and as a result their stock price dropped.

How come every leftist organization that gets caught fabricating the books or committing a crime wants to sue the people who outed them?
... this thread is about Musk buying Twitter, not his political POV. Besides, post #202 already summed up what Musk did know, only he didn't do his dd.

And so to your question - twit :cry:it over to Musk. I'm sure he has an answer for you as I don't. If not, there's the Truth Social outlet.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
... this thread is about Musk buying Twitter, not his political POV. Besides, post #202 already summed up what Musk did know, only he didn't do his dd.

And so to your question - twit :cry:it over to Musk. I'm sure he has an answer for you as I don't. If not, there's the Truth Social outlet.
I didn't mention Musk's politics. If you're going to complain about my comment, at least make the effort to read what I wrote.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I didn't mention Musk's politics.
... so why stick politics in a Musk buy-out there. Or is it one of your ploy to twist it together, like only you can read.

If you're going to complain about my comment, at least make the effort to read what I wrote.
... not complaining. just pointing the obvious that you don't see. You're the one complaining with the crying question. I told you can go twit that question to get your answer. Obviously, you won't because I can't read. Nice try.

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Twitter shareholders are suing Musk, and it appears they have solid grounds for a lawsuit.

The lawsuit will make it difficult for the Twitter board of even considering a lower offer from Musk, since they believe the original offer was too low.

The lawsuit also serves notice to the Twitter board they could be next in line for a lawsuit by unhappy shareholders.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
So, they're suing Musk because he exposed the fact that their bot count was higher than they claimed, and as a result their stock price dropped.

How come every leftist organization that gets caught fabricating the books or committing a crime wants to sue the people who outed them?
Musk is wildly arrogant and pulls crap like this all the time.
Twitter lawyers should have done a better job before providing any information.

but remember anyone can make Twitter, it's a few hours of beginner coding (look on youtube for tutorials).

The users and trust are the hard part, and fighting Musk is a bad idea, he's a master of propaganda & marketting. Even if they win in court, they've lost in the court of public opinion, and that's the one that matters.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Imagine having a CEO that's so evasive and muddle-fuddles in giving an answer. Will it be yes or no? Yes, that'll be a no and then a maybe and meanwhile deflecting to inviting free speech to aliens (from outerspace)! LMAO.
I don't have to wonder, we have Trudeau. He's evasive, at times incoherent, and he lies without remorse.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I don't have to wonder, we have Trudeau. He's evasive, at times incoherent, and he lies without remorse.
... Trudeau is PM of Canada and you're stucked with him for the next while no matter how much you hate and whine about him. The alternative is for you to move out the country permanently. But that can't happen given your track record on this forum. Bye and I'm back!!!!

As for Musk, it's just pathetic to have him for a CEO. If I was an employee of Twitter, I would (long) be brushing up my CV. Adios.

·
Registered
14,822 Posts
Politicians distort the truth. Your beloved PP has lied about the Bank of Canada causing global inflation. I'm curious if PP can point to any country that has low stable inflation currently. If not, it is truly shocking that the Bank of Canada governor wields such power over the global economy. I guess Putin receives direction on special operations from Tiff as well.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Politicians distort the truth. Your beloved PP has lied about the Bank of Canada causing global inflation. I'm curious if PP can point to any country that has low stable inflation currently. If not, it is truly shocking that the Bank of Canada governor wields such power over the global economy. I guess Putin receives direction on special operations from Tiff as well.
Switzerland just announced their inflation rate at 2.9%.
Japan 2.5%

Bank of Canada did contribute to inflation. That is not a lie. And yes, Bank of Canada governor (or whoever has power over him) has power to massively influence Canadian economy.
Is it only factor? No. Fiscal policy is massive as well and sadly our government is run by fiscal morons and it showed over past 5 years - we are seeing effects of that.
Politics also play a role - look what happened in US for example with oil and gas investment. Refining capacity down, drilling down. Why? Because that is what politicians wanted - so now we have tight energy market and increased inflation.
Canada has same policies when it comes to energy and entire world is paying for it.

This really isn't rocket science. Politics, fiscal policy, and monetary policy have significant influence on inflation.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Elon Musk warns of dropping Twitter deal if data not provided

Man, I guess the 10% workforce slash over at Tesla ain't enough to cough up for the Twits' deal. I think Elon's right hand man Bill better work for free over the next few quarters or maybe years. LMAO.
... the world's richest man in the news fodder:

Yeah, this one is old:

Anticipating U.S. downturn, Elon Musk details Tesla staff cuts

But this one just popped up today June 21, 2022. Not sure where to place but then this is (or was) related to E. Musk:

Who is Xavier Musk, Elon’s trans child who wants to change name to Vivian?

Man, being the world's richest "dad" (and a biological one) must be tough ... with all ties cut and name completely changed. WOW and wonder why? I feel for the kid.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
with all ties cut and name completely changed. WOW and wonder why? I feel for the kid.
Definitely. Musk is a failure when it comes to emotional intelligence. He can't even be a dad, yet he has 7 kids. He should've focused only on his tech toys, not human beings.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
Musk, former hero to the left immediately become a threat once the moment that he says he likes free speech. Then the gloves come off and it's full on attack from the establishment, the media, and their useful idiots.

201 - 220 of 221 Posts