Canadian Money Forum banner

121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
37 millions minus 7 millions underaged, minus allergies (Among allergy sufferers, roughly 3.6 million people. (42.8%) reported being allergic to multiple allergens.), minus people on the fence (like myself), minus people that don’t want/don’t need the vaccine.
I was 'on the fence' too, until close family members caught COVID. One of them is younger than me and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.

Keep an open mind.

·
Super Moderator
3,627 Posts
Up to a certain extent. Vaccines have a shelf life and can't be stored indefinitely. So surplus should be given away and used rather than stuck in a freezer and dumped after 6 months.
True but there is no storage clock ticking yet, all doses are being used right now and will be for the near future. I'm sure they'll adjust delivery times in the future so little (if any) goes to waste or has to be given away.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
True but there is no storage clock ticking yet, all doses are being used right now and will be for the near future. I'm sure they'll adjust delivery times in the future so little (if any) goes to waste or has to be given away.
Given 80M doses, some will have to be given away by the end of the year, particularly when you also consider that the vaccine hasn't been approved for those under 18. That may change, but for now, that demographic is probably around 18% or so. We're expecting complete delivery by September with everyone vaccinated, so to make use of any surplus, it will have to be shipped out within months of September to be of use to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Given 80M doses, some will have to be given away by the end of the year, particularly when you also consider that the vaccine hasn't been approved for those under 18. That may change, but for now, that demographic is probably around 18% or so. We're expecting complete delivery by September with everyone vaccinated, so to make use of any surplus, it will have to be shipped out within months of September to be of use to anyone else.
I believe it’s those under 16.

·
Registered
99 Posts
People who have been infected with COVID-19 are likely to be protected against catching it again for at least five months, according to a new study led by Public Health England (PHE).
But researchers warned that the protection was not absolute, meaning some people do catch the virus again, and that it was unclear how long any immunity lasts. It is also possible that those who have a degree of immunity against the virus may still be able to carry the virus in their nose or throat and therefore transmit it to others.
Even if you believe you already had the disease and are protected, you can be reassured it is highly unlikely you will develop severe infections. But there is still a risk you could acquire an infection and transmit (it) to others," Hopkins said.

I don’t see how the vaccine immunity will much differ.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^
I don’t see how the vaccine immunity will much differ.
... and so it works like the annual flu shot. Only Covid19 is not the same strain though mimics similar symptoms but deadlier (the stats are out there).

Summary: You get the "voluntary" C19 vaccine meaning you (the vaccinated person, infected or not) got some form of protection against the severe symptoms which should reduce your chances of dying.

Or you don't get the vaccine, you take your chance and continue playing Russian roulette.

Your choice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Or you don't get the vaccine, you take your chance and continue playing Russian roulette.

Your choice.
I will take the vaccine once it’s properly tested, on the Pfizer website the stage 3 of trials ends in 2023
I won’t be volunteering as a lab rat for big pharma before that.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^ Keep in mind millions of us (scientists, doctors, healthcare workers, the (political) elites, Joe/Jane Doe, etc.) would have been lab rats by then. And a high possibility that the pandemic would be over by 2023.

Say "hypothetically" the vaccines don't work out (ie. the pandemic will still be us), then what? Maybe all the vaccinated people are doomed ... meaning the non-vaccinated ones would be the only ones to survive on this planet, then what?

·
Super Moderator
3,627 Posts
I will take the vaccine once it’s properly tested, on the Pfizer website the stage 3 of trials ends in 2023
I won’t be volunteering as a lab rat for big pharma before that.
It's interesting that you think you won't be a "lab rat" after the final 2023 phase 3 trial results come out.

Add: Pfizer is saying they will submit for full approval in April 2021.

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
... So currently the SEVERE allergic responses are about 8x the level of normal flu vaccine. That's a pretty significant increase in occurrence versus the regular flu shot; you should care, because those are potentially fatal if not treated immediately.
Sure ... but bear in mind that the 2010 reporting for the H1N1 vaccine was something over 3x the flu shot number you are using.

... Anybody like me who lives alone should take additional emergency precautions in case anaphylaxis occurs while we're alone at home. Perhaps even go hang out in a public area for a few hours in case the anaphylaxis comes with a time delay.
Sounds prudent ... 'course I've preferred to use the at work flu shot clinic so I've got the whole work day of people around me, in case of a bad reaction.

That's not available this year though.

Cheers

·
Registered
Mercedes GLK250
25 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The Norwegian Medicines Agency announced today, Thursday, that 23 people died after receiving the “Pfizer” and “BioNTech” vaccine against “COVID-19“, while the country’s health authorities changed recommendations for vaccinating the elderly with this vaccine.
The agency noted that “all deaths were recorded among elderly people over the age of 80 years and those with weak immunity.”

nothing to worry about, just keep in mind for older relatives

121 - 140 of 167 Posts