Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have just finished rebalancing and rehauling my portfolio and I have 5288$ left in cash which will be placed in a money market. Since I am not too familiar with this asset class I need help in choosing a decent one. I was looking at the Claymore money market, but I am not crazy about the 9.99$ trading fee this will incure. Any thoughts?

Thank you

·
Banned
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention one SMALL detail, the cash that I want to park is in my RRSP. Can a vehicule like the ones mentioned be held in a rsp?

If not, do you have other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
What investment(s) are some of you putting in the fixed income portion of your portfolio at this point in the economic cycle?

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
What investment(s) are some of you putting in the fixed income portion of your portfolio at this point in the economic cycle?
Keeping an eye out for corporate bond issues that might seem interesting.
Short term corps. are yielding 5% - 5.5%.
A grade and above are even lower.
Slim pickings these days anywhere you look.
Not a good time to sell either.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
I have been selectively picking up convertible debentures at IPO. Around 6% with a 25% premium on the stock price.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I have been selectively picking up convertible debentures at IPO. Around 6% with a 25% premium on the stock price.
Have there been many recently?
I keep checking my brokerage IPO inventory regularly and have seen only one come thru in the last few months.
Which ones have you bought into?

-Harold

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Which ones have you bought into?

-Harold
CHURCHILL E15 CV 6%20AG10
CONSUM WTR CV 6.25%30JN17
EXCH INCM-H CV 6.5%31MY17
H&R REIT SR-C CV 6%30JN17
RETROCOM CV 6.75% 31JL15
SUPER PLUS CV 5.75%30JN17
YELLOW MED CV 6.25% 1OC17

I have passed up on some others because I did not like the terms or I missed the IPO window (about 12 hours after they get listed). They are all subject to excess demand rules. I got scaled back on Super Plus and Churchill by 8% and 16% respectively.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
CHURCHILL E15 CV 6%20AG10
CONSUM WTR CV 6.25%30JN17
EXCH INCM-H CV 6.5%31MY17
H&R REIT SR-C CV 6%30JN17
RETROCOM CV 6.75% 31JL15
SUPER PLUS CV 5.75%30JN17
YELLOW MED CV 6.25% 1OC17
What brokerage are you with?
None of these showed up on my brokerage IPO listing.
The only one I saw recently was the Fort Chicago convertible debentures (mid-June) and I wasn't interested.
Is the second one from consumer waterheater trust?
I'd definetely been interested in that one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts