Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had Pfizer for first 2 doses and Moderna for 3rd dose. The side effects on the 3rd dose were so intense it knocked me down for the full day after. Extreme fatigue, muscle pain, unstoppable shivering in the evening of getting the shot (they call it "chills" in the list of side effects, that's putting it mildly!). Makes me want not to get another booster in the future.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Rus', I would suggest you follow the advice of your doctor(s) more so than that found on any internet forum...
But, you asked for opinions, so..... wife & I are both seniors, 69&65. Pharmacies here were mainly giving Moderna. The govt. clinics (with longer wait times for appts.) mainly had Pfizer. We went with Pfizer for all 3 jabs so far...& likely will stay with Pfizer for future boosters ....yuk, yuk....oh dear.....
No noticeable side effects. Both found ourselves a bit 'tired' the next day, but that could be psychosomatic🤨
note: when we got our booster(3rd shot), the clinics were offering both vaccines - seemed like most people were opting for Pfizer

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Why not have one of your health professionals recommend the type of vaccine, vaccine booster for you???

I suspect that their respective knowledge base and patient experience will be deeper and broader than any advice that you will find on a pubic forum.

Not to mention they have access to your complete, up to date medical history, treatment regimes, and current prescription usage.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Why not have one of your health professionals recommend the type of vaccine, vaccine booster for you???

I suspect that their respective knowledge base and patient experience will be deeper and broader than any advice that you will find on a pubic forum.

Not to mention they have access to your complete, up to date medical history, treatment regimes, and current prescription usage.
Nonsense ian

CMF is recommended by 9/10 health care professionals

It also replaces google for many senior citizens

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
If they are using the same 3rd shot booster, then it should be. Pfizer or Moderna: Which COVID-19 booster shot should you get?

I made a mistake, for some reason I thought Moderna first/second shot was 50 mg, but is actually 100 mg, so even the half dose of Moderna is higher than Pfizer.
... nope, the Moderna booster I got the other day was only 25mg. Family doctor's feedback on getting Moderna instead of Pfizer was simply "it's better".

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Nonsense ian

CMF is recommended by 9/10 health care professionals

It also replaces google for many senior citizens
... so where do the youngsters get their health advice these days? Can't be from their oldies boomers family doctors?

Their peers or idol followers on Youtube, Instagram, TikTock, + FakeBook (added), etc? LMAO.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
... so where do the youngsters get their health advice these days? Can't be from their oldies boomers family doctors?

Their peers or idol followers on Youtube, Instagram, TikTock, etc? LMAO.
You mean it is not true about there being microchips in each covid shot or that somehow the 666 mark of the beast is imprinted within you when one gets the vaccine???

Must be fake news. A few of DW's more 'colourful' relatives are sticking with those original conspiracy theories.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Has anyone seen the Herman Cain awards?

Basically anti-vax conspiracy memes on facebook followed by asking for thoughts and prayers on facebook

Vast majority of Hermain Cain Award winners are boomers. At least the young anti-vaxxers are staying alive

·
Registered
2,898 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
We were given the choice once we sat down for either Pfizer or Moderna. They told us that since our first two doses were Pfizer, if we want to travel with no possible hassles, go with the same. So we did.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
I think I see why I got confused. Supposedly Moderna booster volume is 0.25 mL vs 0.5 mL. https://www.fda.gov/media/144637/download, but when it comes to the amount of mRNA, it is 100 ug vs 50 ug. Moderna COVID booster FAQ: You can mix and match with Pfizer after 5 months
... haven't read your links and I don't think you're the one who is confused. I think I am too (now) but I definitely saw a "25" something (ml or mg - has to be the former volume-wise) for the Moderna shot since it was "posted" at each jabbing station as to what one was getting.

Just checked my vax cert - it just confirms which lot # of Moderna I received, not the amount.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I live in Cobourg now.
It is the public health unit where you live - Haliburton, Kawartha Lakes, Pineridge Health Unit. I would suggest you go to their website to get local credible information.
Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit – Your Health Partner for Life!
They run clinics in Cobourg - you have to sign up via the provincial system. You can also book at one of 7 pharmacies in Cobourg - scroll down to Cobourg at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Boy wouldn't that be great.Unfortunately my so called GP is not available and the doc at the dialysis clinic only comes around for a minute every 2 weeks. Last time around I asked all the questions I could think of, including what vaccine to get, and he was very much in favor of me being vaccinated, and it didn't matter what I got as the J&J that caused the blood clots was no longer used. Then turned his back and left without a goodbye the way they always do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You are very vulnerable Rusty. Just get either one asap.

This one is on you.

What else could the GP and Dialysis Doc have done?

It was your decision months ago to not step up.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.