Canadian Money Forum banner

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
McDinalds coffee is the old TH coffee. Some years back, not long ago, the contract came up and TH would not renew at that price. McD was smart enough to grab it.

Another example of TH screwing itself over with inferior product. How I wish that sad excuse for fast food would implode.
interesting alta, i didnt know that. who supplies the coffee anyway?
i seem to notice a better taste just in the last couple months or so.....

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
McDinalds coffee is the old TH coffee. Some years back, not long ago, the contract came up and TH would not renew at that price. McD was smart enough to grab it.
I thought this was just another internet rumor that started when TH started to roast it's own coffee.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
I thought this was just another internet rumor that started when TH started to roast it's own coffee.
The story is more complicated than what I said, so probably shouldn't have said it that way. I think it was the bean source that McD picked up while TH went a different direction to roast its own coffee. Not overly interested to pursue the history at this point. Just know McD coffee is excellent while TH coffee has become about as bad as anything I have tasted.

·
Super Moderator
2,993 Posts
Just know McD coffee is excellent while TH coffee has become about as bad as anything I have tasted.
I don't mind either one, they're both ok by me. I do like McD's $1 any size coffee deals they put on though. :)

If I want a "really good" cup of coffee I go get beans from my local roaster which is miles above any "chain restaurant" coffee. Of course most of this is freshness and picking the exact beans you enjoy.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
hey beav...funny thing . da fridge seems to have stopped makin' those funny noises....go figure!
must've been tied to our 8-day state of emergency here....either that, or the coupla kicks with the ol' boot did it...

anyhoo...this coffee offer....Canada-wide????.....or what?

is it just me...or has McD's coffee improved a bit, in taste of late???? ( it was ALWAY better than the swill tim sells...)
the little donuts are not half bad either , eh?
... just for you jargey since you're kind of house-bound. The promotion is country-wide as confirmed at RedFlag Deals: https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/coffee-desserts/mcdonalds-get-any-size-mccafe-premium-roast-coffee-or-medium-iced-coffee-for-100-until-march-8-2020/

Re your resumed-working fridge, that gurgling noise is telling you something is wrong with the motor (perhaps at its life-end).

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re your resumed-working fridge, that gurgling noise is telling you something is wrong with the motor (perhaps at its life-end).[/QUOTE]

Or, maybe the ice maker crapping out from making too many Screech & Cokes.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Re your resumed-working fridge, that gurgling noise is telling you something is wrong with the motor (perhaps at its life-end).
Or, maybe the ice maker crapping out from making too many Screech & Cokes.:tongue:[/QUOTE]

1. thanks to beav.
2. dilly- S&C is just for the tourists. NLers love their Lambs Palm Breeze & Pepsi!. you should see the MASSIVE Lambs displays in the liquor stores at xmas! lol....hic!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
321 - 335 of 335 Posts