Canadian Money Forum banner

281 - 300 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
^ I didn't know that ... I got to try the decaff next time at MCD so I can sleep better at night too.
... tried it yesterday and found no difference in taste (actually mellower) from regular caffeinated. Think it's time to switch to decaff permanently. (Besides, I own SWP also so should be supporting my own business.) Thanks for your post, A99.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
...only coffee made from ethically-sourced beans for me from now on...
...if da beans don't have no ethics, I ain't drinkin'....

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
....so....what are the 'rare' pieces this time around...?
(so i'll know what to look out for?)
got baffin island & st. caterine street on my seniorssmallblack this morning:love_heart:

·
Registered
506 Posts
FYI, I went through the drive-through on Cross Street in Oakville this morning and was told I don’t qualify for the senior’s discount! Apparently, you have to be 65.....

On my boycott list at that location. Snooty Oakville :pig:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
...only coffee made from ethically-sourced beans for me from now on...
...if da beans don't have no ethics, I ain't drinkin'....
You need to move to using Synthetic Beans.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/07/08/737628786/a-bitter-end-for-regular-joe-scientists-engineer-a-smooth-beanless-coffee

Apparently global warming causes faster growing and this affects the taste of coffee. To counteract this, growers are moving to higher cooler locations. To do this, they have to cut down the forests first. Not good for environment.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
^ Synthetic Beans? Why even bother - just isolate the caffeine where we can vape it ... (I can't stand needles with the IV concept).

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
FYI, I went through the drive-through on Cross Street in Oakville this morning and was told I don’t qualify for the senior’s discount! Apparently, you have to be 65.....

On my boycott list at that location. Snooty Oakville :pig:
... I think they're telling you that you don't look grampy enough. :eek:

If it makes you feel any better, a couple of McCafes where I'm accessible to don't even have a "senior" promotion. I'm not sure what it's saying ... seniors unwelcomed? Not that I'm a senior (yet) but that seems to be screaming discrimination or why the inconsistencies?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
In our area, Wendy's ALWAYS has FREE senior coffee. Not sure if you have to buy something else or not. When out, I often buy lunch there. Spicy Chicken wrap, small fries and free coffee for under $5.00! Coffee is huge and very hot!

281 - 300 of 335 Posts