Canadian Money Forum banner
321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Groups that never suffered from systemic racism don't need protection from something that never happened to them.
Just to be clear, I'm not demanding "protection" from racial discrimination.

I'm arguing that the government should not create and promote systematic racism.
It was wrong yesterday, it is wrong today, and it will be wrong tomorrow.

That's something white supremacists like you don't seem to understand, RACISM IS WRONG.

I think Al Sharptom said it best.

Equality TODAY, not tomorrow sags, TODAY!

·
Registered
537 Posts
You have a lot of patience Matt. He is hopeless. Ffs, on a financial forum where people might actually have math skills, his contribution to politics section has zero value on policies, zero insight on actual results, but a lot of reference to hairstyle.
Save your time

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
There are a lot of white Muslims.... so there is no discrimination against Muslims!
It's true that there are white Muslims, but they still face discrimination. I have coworkers who are white, but born in Muslim countries, who have been pulled aside when crossing through the US/Canada border and interrogated by US authorities -- sometimes for hours!

It's plain discrimination and Muslims have been suffering from it for a long time. In the US and Canada, authorities have routinely spied on and targeted Muslims in their surveillance activities.

It's even worse in China, where Muslims are rounded up and sent to forced labour camps. In Myanmar and Sri Lanka, various groups in power have attacked Muslims and in Myanmar they are slaughtering Muslims for sport.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If you see getting interrogated when crossing a border discrimination, then I have been discriminated against in 7 countries on 4 continents..... There is racism, but you can't attribute everything to it.
Unless you can prove that they were interrogated because they are muslim, it wasn't racism and shouldn't be used as an evidence of such.

·
Registered
15,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Muslim is a religion.....not a race.

I think it was Mr. Matt who initiated the mass confusion among the stalwart defenders of white priviledge.

Maybe not.......it is hard to tell. He bounces his theories around more than bingo balls.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
Authorities spy on somebody not because he/she is Muslim, but because they suspect him/her for terrorist activity.
When crossing Canada/US border, sags’ dad wasn’t allowed at all to enter States. As per sags, he was going to attend church , not Mosque lol.. Consider it as discrimination of Whire Christians.
My mother-in-law was interrogated for 6 hours on US/Canada border , because she had Israeli passport (with valid US Visa). She was 70 that time. We should’ve be with her (with kids) and were put in tiny room where tons of other people and I even wasn’t allowed to go outside for smoke or buy food.
I was fired from my 1st job (government one) , because in last 5 years I was living in Israel....
So, please cut BS about Muslims discrimination

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
And James, why you are giving China as an example!? There are many cases like in China... in South Africa , for example, there is discrimination (even genocid) against White and Jewish... There are bunch of Arab countries where Jewish cannot even land for layover ...
We are talking here about developed countries

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Muslim is a religion.....not a race.

I think it was Mr. Matt who initiated the mass confusion among the stalwart defenders of white priviledge.

Maybe not.......it is hard to tell. He bounces his theories around more than bingo balls.
Yes, Islam is a religion, not a race.
There are white Muslims, who are discriminated against.
Therefore there are white people who are discriminated against.

I don't see how I initiated mass confusion, but I really don't care about "white priviledge"

I'm not really pushing many theories, but in this thread it's really simple "racism is bad".

You're the one who seems confused, you claim some is good, and some is bad, and sometimes discrimination isn't discrimination because of some bizarre logic that discriminating by race isn't discriminating by race in some cases.

321 - 329 of 329 Posts