Canadian Money Forum banner
261 - 280 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Do you intend it as a long term holding, or just a short term trade?
Long term.....it’s in a small locked in account. I took a flyer on it. I paid $8.65 for it. I think there is long term potential in the industry, but I also don’t want to ride this thing down back to 8 if I can take some profit and re-enter it lower. I think its all mania right now.

TDDI offers trailing stop and trailing stop limit. I think I understand them, but not 100% sure.
i was thinking about 20% trailing Order which it puts it around 13.50. does it make sense then to set the trailing limit to 20% with $0.50 variance So it goes to market at $13.50, but won’t sell less than $13.00? Am I’m that right?

this and disney were my gambling picks.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Long term.....it’s in a small locked in account. I took a flyer on it. I paid $8.65 for it. I think there is long term potential in the industry, but I also don’t want to ride this thing down back to 8 if I can take some profit and re-enter it lower. I think its all mania right now.

TDDI offers trailing stop and trailing stop limit. I think I understand them, but not 100% sure.
i was thinking about 20% trailing Order which it puts it around 13.50. does it make sense then to set the trailing limit to 20% with $0.50 variance So it goes to market at $13.50, but won’t sell less than $13.00? Am I’m that right?
I guess I'm confused by what you wrote here because you say it's "long term" and then say you want to take some profit and don't want to ride it back down.

This is an extremely volatile sector. If you place a stop order, you're likely to get "shaken out" even if it keeps going higher. HMMJ could drop 20% in the blink of an eye, and then a week later, could be 50% higher.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
not this etf, but I held 11,000 shares of AH, with half in at about 1.5, and then the rest earlier this year so my acb per share was .91. So this morning it was 1.22, with no fundamentals changing to justify the move in price.

So I decided this was good enough for me and set a limit sell at 1.22.

I think it is some sort of crazy run up, because the thing sold in 22 separate transactions.

So all sorts piling in for a few hundred bucks position each. Let them have it.

I might get back in when sanity come back into play.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
My trailing stop triggered yesterday at 18.22 and I'm happy with that. Got away with a small profit. Even if it goes back up I won't be sad because I don't really want such a niche thing as part of my long-term portfolio.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
How come nobody talks about pot stocks any more? I guess everyone has moved on to energy stock hype.

HMMJ never went anywhere, as it turns out.

If someone really believes we are entering a brand new world for electric vehicles and marijuana, and that valuations of those stocks look fine today, then you should be able to make a ton of money buying into TSLA, NIO, PLUG, FCEL, BLDP, and HMMJ today. You'll be rich!

My thesis is that there's currently a broad-reaching bubble mania fuelled by extreme stimulus, which is leading to excessive greed and risk taking across a broad range of things. I think that recent movements in HMMJ, EV stocks and BTC are tied to this mania.
Interestingly, since I posted this observation on Jan 14, 2021,
TSLA +3%
NIO -65%
PLUG -64%
FCEL -68%
BLDP -70%
HMMJ -47%

I was right about these sectors being a bubble.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
How come nobody talks about pot stocks any more? I guess everyone has moved on to energy stock hype.

HMMJ never went anywhere, as it turns out.

Interestingly, since I posted this observation on Jan 14, 2021,
TSLA +3%
NIO -65%
PLUG -64%
FCEL -68%
BLDP -70%
HMMJ -47%

I was right about these sectors being a bubble.
It went somewhere. Then it went somewhere else. ;)

261 - 280 of 289 Posts