Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Canopy just launched a website called "Tweed Main Street" where you can buy medical marijuana online (with a prescription). Presumably once it goes legal for recreation this same website will sell the recreational stuff too. Anyways, the only products I could see on there were oils, so I believe they are already available here, for medical use. This seems to imply they would also be available for recreational. If I were the government I would want to encourage that, as smoking can be hazardous to one's health.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I had an individual marijuana stock for 8 months. It had gone up 350%, and I didn't feel comfortable with it, so on Friday I sold 5/6 of my position and moved it into HMMJ. More diversified, but still playing the trend.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
My trailing stop triggered yesterday at 18.22 and I'm happy with that. Got away with a small profit. Even if it goes back up I won't be sad because I don't really want such a niche thing as part of my long-term portfolio.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
How come nobody talks about pot stocks any more? I guess everyone has moved on to energy stock hype.

HMMJ never went anywhere, as it turns out.

Interestingly, since I posted this observation on Jan 14, 2021,
TSLA +3%
NIO -65%
PLUG -64%
FCEL -68%
BLDP -70%
HMMJ -47%

I was right about these sectors being a bubble.
It went somewhere. Then it went somewhere else. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts