Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
By the way, the fund is currently tiny, $26 million. I'd watch to see whether this attracts new capital. If it does, money pouring into relatively small stocks like these could drive up their prices tremendously.
'Bout time! didn't i mention someone should start one? in a previous post? or was I hallucinating - again?
sooo...... it looks like others have put in about $25 million...in addition to my initial investment, eh? ;)

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
The fund is up to $38 million now, so it went from $10 million to $38 million of assets in just a couple days of trading.

Like I said... if tons of money start flowing into this sector, it could be a real crazy bubble. I'm thinking of playing this as a lottery ticket, just in case a billion $ of greed flows in from around the world and creates an enormous bubble.
..uh yeah.... but the ETF price would have to rise also, no? in addition to the greed factor?

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
jargey, I have no idea what NINE is, but I strongly recommend holding the sector ETF instead of random stocks in this sector. If I had enough room in my RRSP, I would own a bit of HMMJ as a lottery ticket.

Backing up for a moment though I really recommend that you pursue an asset allocation strategy to have solid exposure to regular stock indices and bonds. I would only do this gambling (MJ stocks) with small amounts of money.
...exhales....ahhhhh...
thanks, james, man.........what is the sector ETF....????

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
I would not catch a falling knife. This ETF could easily fall to the $10-12 range. It got so far ahead of itself, it went into near space orbit.

Those of us who were around circa 2000 saw all this play out the same way with dotcom stocks... and then some. Just look at the NASDAQ from about 1995-2002 https://www.macrotrends.net/1320/nasdaq-historical-chart
...oh...I was around then, sonny....:)
(made a few nice bucks on a company called Newbridge Networks I think...Terry somebody...?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts