Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I'm looking for one or more investors to stake me short or long-term (to reduce the variance), to play poker. I have got total availability to play/study professionally, ~8h/d, 5d/w. I have references in poker world who can vouch my integrity and with who i already worked in the past.

I've been playing poker about 3 years, while i was studying pharmaceutical sciences. Nowadays my financial situation don't allows me play to my own and grow up in the limits. Unfortunatelly my past stakers are not staking in the site that i want to play.

In market range, people staking poker players and providing coaching take some like 50% of the profits. I've always been autodidact, doing my own coaching in online poker schools like run it once, so i would like to work with a cut around 60% of my roi in the tables.

I always played tournaments and now i'm transiting for cash games, 6-max tables. Below you can see my graph all time and filtered by 6-max tables.(Nº hands vs Net won in big blinds). I'm looking to play NL25 in Americas Card Room with a bankroll of 20 or 30 buy ins, so at least 500$ or bitcoin of course. But i'm open to discuss the offer.

If you are interested in work with me or for more detailed information (more graphs proving my playing history, my screen name in poker world, etc), just send me a private message. If you can, post in this thread: "pm sent".

Thanks.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't think you're going to have much luck here bud but maybe I'm wrong. Have you tried somewhere like 2+2?
For the amount of money your looking for, would it not be possible to save some cash and bankroll yourself?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Are you fn nuts man?

At least in the market I have a 50-50 chance. With you I am guaranteed to lose it all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you're going to have much luck here bud but maybe I'm wrong. Have you tried somewhere like 2+2?
For the amount of money your looking for, would it not be possible to save some cash and bankroll yourself?
I am a 2+2 current user and i know some people there. But like i said i'm looking for win more % of my profits and there the majority of stakers work with 50-50 cuts. Actually i'm transiting for cash games because is more easy and pratical for me in terms of volume that i wanna put daily. My financial situation doesn't allow me to play to my own and grow up in the limits. One or more backers that i eventually could find will allow me to play professionally due my higher % of profits.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am a 2+2 current user and i know some people there. But like i said i'm looking for win more % of my profits and there the majority of stakers work with 50-50 cuts. Actually i'm transiting for cash games because is more easy and pratical for me in terms of volume that i wanna put daily. My financial situation doesn't allow me to play to my own and grow up in the limits. One or more backers that i eventually could find will allow me to play professionally due my higher % of profits.
Well, I wish you luck but I think you're going to get a lot more of the response above.
This is a finance/investment forum and the concept of fronting a poker player is going to be foreign to almost everybody here and seem like 100% pure gambling.

I love poker, but I'm saving any money I put into it so I can play myself :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I wish you luck but I think you're going to get a lot more of the response above.
This is a finance/investment forum and the concept of fronting a poker player is going to be foreign to almost everybody here and seem like 100% pure gambling.

I love poker, but I'm saving any money I put into it so I can play myself :D
I understand your point of view. Fortunatelly i don't treat the poker like gambling and i posted here with the intention to find the right person. Let's see :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
My financial situation doesn't allow me to play to my own and grow up in the limits...
Let me get this straight - you're some kind of master poker player that can rake in big bucks for those of us fortunate enough to give you our hard earned money, yet your financial situation doesn't allow you to risk your own money...

Let me think about it... NO THANKS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me get this straight - you're some kind of master poker player that can rake in big bucks for those of us fortunate enough to give you our hard earned money, yet your financial situation doesn't allow you to risk your own money...

Let me think about it... NO THANKS!
Of course you don't know nothing about staking. As such you must continue your way. I don't want to seem rude but, i ask you to think? If this is not for you and you're not interested, scroll down.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Let's have a friendly game of poker. I will control the cards and there will be a black curtain between us but I will tell you what your cards are. Still want to play? That is online poker or for that matter, machine poker.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's have a friendly game of poker. I will control the cards and there will be a black curtain between us but I will tell you what your cards are. Still want to play? That is online poker or for that matter, machine poker.
What you mean exactly? I didn't understand what is your intention.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
As was pointed out, playing cards is gambling not investing, regardless of what you personally choose to call it.
Even if it were investing, this is not a forum intended for soliciting the money of members. That ranks somewhere below a spammer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As was pointed out, playing cards is gambling not investing, regardless of what you personally choose to call it.
Even if it were investing, this is not a forum intended for soliciting the money of members. That ranks somewhere below a spammer.
I don't understand why people try to give unfounded opinions when they don't know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There's a moral dimension to this as well. I couldn't support an "investment" that is a zero-sum proposition - even if you win somebody else loses. No service or product has been gained, human energies have been used up with no net gain to society.

·
Registered
875 Posts
As a CMF, perhaps we can address the financial situation you speak of in your OP so you don't have to solicit money from others. Have you finished your schooling? What are you doing for income? What is your cash flow? Are you paying your parents rent for living in their basement?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts