Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a small business owner, who struggled to make ends meet last year (business lost money; thanks to self!), I was ecstatic that I could recoup some of the money I invested into my corporation on my personal salary from the company. I thought I would pass on the information as I had never heard of this claim, and thought someone else may benefit from it too!

Its called the ABIL Tax claim. It stands for: Allowable Business Investment Loss. It is available to anyone that lost money investing in a private Canadian corporation. I’m not a tax expert so I won’t go on about it, but here are some links that may be useful.

I found a video & guide here:



There is also some information on the CRA site:

Hope that helps!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts