Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent message to cmfadmin requesting that. Anyone else like to see it? Post here to let him know!

·
Banned
150 Posts
I would participate in such a forum although it should be a "Trading" forum as opposed to a "Day Trading" forum - since the term "day trading" is a misused term. It really refers to playing the spread and buying and selling the same stocks (sometimes several times) during the course of a single day. That is not what most people who refer to themselves as "day traders" do.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would participate in such a forum although it should be a "Trading" forum as opposed to a "Day Trading" forum - since the term "day trading" is a misused term. It really refers to playing the spread and buying and selling the same stocks (sometimes several times) during the course of a single day. That is not what most people who refer to themselves as "day traders" do.

In addition,

When you day trade stocks, you typically exit all of your positions before the market close. You start to swing trade stocks when you hold overnights; thus the term, “swing overnights”. Swingers hold stocks between 1 to 3-4 days. Traders could employ both strategies depends on the system they are utilizing. Margin requirements become the biggest factor between those two.

I don’t mind the idea, but most do seem to turn into stock pumping yahoo forum. :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also like TradingProfits idea of calling it "Trading" (or even "Traders"). Why? It's more broad and inclusive than just "day-traders" (which TProfits points out has a specific definition).

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
did this suggestion come to nothing.

think a Trading thread could be useful, something a little broader than day trading. Challenge to prevent it from turning into yahoo, though. For example right now i'm interested in, but don't yet own, tata motors, india stocks in general. Some information is available elsewhere but it's really scattered.

on a different point entirely - because i don't know where to put this - if anybody can enlighten me what are the 5 gold star ratings and where is the explanation for these, i would appreciate very much.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
hello, anybody home (?) (pause)

ok i'll just ask again (faint chorus of boos)

can someone please explain about the 5-star ratings and where on this website is there information about them (guffaws)

thanks blades for helping this entartiste (splat)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
hello, anybody home (?) (pause)

ok i'll just ask again (faint chorus of boos)

can someone please explain about the 5-star ratings and where on this website is there information about them (guffaws)

thanks blades for helping this entartiste (splat)
We're going to give it some thought. We just don't want a trading sub forum to turn into a stock picking forum. Perhaps a "trading" forum about various strategies, but then again, it could probably fall into the "investing" forum.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
how nice to see you frugal, please excuse me while i wipe the pie off my face.

i mean, what about the 5 stars.

about a trading forum, you have an excellent point. Other forums are jammed with what are now very professional pumps and bashers. I think it's a sinister issue, because the authorities are overwhelmed with crime in the internet and they have no time whatsoever to run after the pumpsters, who are getting away with murder.

you and CC (sorry if i'm missing any other founders) have created and maintained an excellent board here that's virtually unblemished. And it's not very old yet, i don't believe you've celebrated your one-year anniversary yet. So i think it would be premature to open a dedicated day-trading unit at this point in time.

ok the 5 stars (?)
heh

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
how nice to see you frugal, please excuse me while i wipe the pie off my face.

i mean, what about the 5 stars.

ok the 5 stars (?)
heh
Oops, sorry, missed the question about the 5 stars. Every registered user has the option of voting how "useful" the thread is by picking the number of stars (out of 5).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts