Canadian Money Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
I really wanted to get a manual to teach my kid. There is very little out there that is manual. I found a couple, but they are the base, if want ANYTHING such as power windows, or ac you couldn't get it. The alternative is a ferrari or really high race cars, they have a manual option. Though they are more of the 'paddle' on the steering wheel.
VW still has manual transmissions in Golf/Jetta models. :)
A/C, power windows, heated seats, etc all available.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Sorry, you are right, that is one of the very few. We were looking a cheaper ones because it to teach a teen to drive.
If you just want something cheap to use to teach a teen to drive, I have no idea what's out there in the way of cars or even new trucks with manual. But, at our off-grid location we have 2 Ford Ranger pickups. They are small and easy to drive. One is a 2005, the other a 2008. They are both 4WD with 5-speed manual. I taught my wife and our kid to drive them. I am sure they can be found cheap. Our 2005 has 60K on it, the 2008 has 60k, but I would guess even with those low miles that are not worth much now. Maybe $5,000 or so.

·
Super Moderator
4,507 Posts
Another new(er) feature showing up on some cars is tire fill alert. When you add air to a low tire it'll do a short horn beep (and turn signal flash) when the correct pressure is reached.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I really wanted to get a manual to teach my kid. There is very little out there that is manual. I found a couple, but they are the base, if want ANYTHING such as power windows, or ac you couldn't get it. The alternative is a ferrari or really high race cars, they have a manual option. Though they are more of the 'paddle' on the steering wheel.

I think every one should learn to drive a manual especially if you travel. I learned initially playing those arcade racing games. They don't even have that any more.
I bought a manual V6 Accord in late 2014. It was a 2013 with zero miles on the odometer. The dealership “lost” it on the lot. Sat there for almost 2 years Since nobody wanted it. Salesperson didn’t even know it was there….but I showed him the ad on Autotrader. New battery (under warranty…lol) and $10,000 off MSRP and it was mine! I love it!

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
All new cars have AA and Carplay that I am aware of. And have for a few years. Along with reasonable sized screen.
You are right - Seems most cars include AA & Carplay these days.

There are still some basic models (Kia Rio?) that do not, or perhaps have it as an option.

I will have to test it on our Outback, but because it has NAV, not really necessary. Seems they include some features these days based on trim, whether you want them or not.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts