Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL talk is cheap. They are setting a bad example of "do what you Say. Say what you mean". The only ones not wearing masks are the speakers & the people that sing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am so damn awful tired about how the press kept propagandizing about how John Lewis was such a peaceful man. It is total rubbish!
John Lewis and Martin Luther King had millions of supporters setting the world on fire and providing the violence expected and needed.
John Lewis played the Good Cop and Bad Cop routine. Each compliment the other.
The other was the militant, in-your-racist-face resistance of Robert Williams, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers (who, of course, originated in Oakland).
I believe Malcolm said it straight-out in his visit to Selma speaking to the southern racists: "If you don't want to deal with King, you're going to have to deal with people like me."
And his words were already starting to be backed-up by urban rebellions."
John Lewis said "Deal with me or deal with my friends who are providing the violence"

I was 21 years old in 1969.

in 1969 there had been 61 bombings on college campuses.
According to the FBI, from the start of 1969 to mid-April 1970, there were 40,934 bombings, and bomb threats.

In May, the 400 member Weather Underground broke away from the SDS. The radical group had chosen their name from Bob Dylan’s "Subterranean Homesick Blues" song where a verse read, "You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." In October the Weather Underground struck in Chicago, destroying various businesses and an Army induction center. This was followed by 19 bombings across the nation. Targets included the Capitol Building, government buildings in Pittsburgh and New York City, and recruiting and draft centers. The emergence of the Weather Underground came on the heels of Nixon’s Vietnamization announcement, that he would gradually withdraw American soldiers from Southeast Asia. However, this moderate declaration had no impact on the "new left."

I especially remember the Stokely Carmichael trials and where they had him gagged and tied into a chair in the courtroom.

The MOVE Organization had the cops bomb and destroy a complete city block killing children as well.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts