Canadian Money Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I watched Donald Trump's townhall on NBC. I watched Joe Biden's speech today.

Biden has come alive and Trump has come apart. The contrast in speaking styles, command of the issues and authenticity couldn't be greater.

While Trump rails away at enemies imagined or otherwise, and repeats the same lies and proclamations of self grandeur, Biden talks to people about the issues they face in their lives every day.

If Biden doesn't kick butt and take names on November 3rd....people might as well write off America.

They would be a hopeless basket case incapable of governing themselves, if they elect Trump for another 4 years.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I thought that this article was a pretty good read and quite informative.

Was American History a Conspiracy?
The United States of Paranoia
From the Salem Witch Hunt to Conspirator-in-Chief Donald Trump
By Steve Fraser
October 15, 2020
The United States was born out of a conspiracy theory.
"when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. "

"The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. "

Quote from the Declaration of Independence

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
.... why is Twitter not blocking access to the ongoing New York Times articles that disclose the contents of President Trump’s tax returns, the unauthorized disclosure of which is a crime?

Why did those platforms not block links to the now-notorious Rachel Maddow segment where she revealed details about one of Trump’s old tax returns on the ground that it was “content obtained without authorization”? Or what about the virtually daily articles in the New York Times, Washington Post, NBC News and others that explicitly state they are publishing information that the source is unauthorized to disclose: how does that not fall squarely within the banning policy as Twitter defined it yesterday?

Facebook’s rationale for suppression — that it needs to have its “fact checking” partners verify the story before allowing it to be spread — poses different but equally alarming dangers. What makes Mark Zuckerberg’s social media company competent to “fact check” the work of other journalists? Why did Facebook block none of the endless orgy of Russiagate conspiracy theories from major media outlets that were completely unproven if not outright false?

That is why Facebook accepts virtually every request from the Israeli Government to remove the pages of Palestinian journalists and activists on the grounds of “incitement,” but almost never accepts Palestinians’ requests to remove Israeli content.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I would like a reporter to ask Trump how he will feel if Biden is President when a Covid vaccine is distributed.

Biden will be the President making all the announcements and giving all the press conferences.

Trump might be in Moscow doing yard work for Putin to pay off his $450 million dollar debt.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
People are already talking about who Biden could have in his cabinet. He has quite an impressive list of people to choose from.

·
Registered
17,949 Posts
People are already talking about who Biden could have in his cabinet. He has quite an impressive list of people to choose from.
Just the idea of suddenly having competent people who aren't scoundrels and spineless boot-licking sellouts.

If Biden doesn't kick butt and take names on November 3rd....people might as well write off America.
They would be a hopeless basket case incapable of governing themselves, if they elect Trump for another 4 years.
It's still possible. There are a lot of people in America who think like @Prairie Guy and who want to follow a king-like figure. These people are played like puppets by the con artist and his gang of crooks. They are easy to manipulate... this is the MAGA base.

On top of that, there are also various single-issue voters. People like the very rich who just want the King to cut their taxes. Pro-life Christians who want the King to outlaw abortions. Xenophobes and white nationalists who want their King to assert white power and suppress non-whites.

For those people, nothing else matters. Destroy democracy for all they care, install yourself as dictator, who cares. The single-issue voters just want their one thing.

So when you add them up, that's still a lot of votes, and these people tend to be more motivated than typical voters. It's not accidental that the MAGA base has been shaped into a cult.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
james...you're the last person that should be accusing people of being easily manipulated. You've fallen for every single anti-Trump hoax that comes along. You're the one that's in a cult.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The crooked FBI who tried unsuccessfully ran a coup against a sitting president has had a copy of Hunter Biden's laptop since 2019 and did absolutely nothing. Imagine the power the corrupt FBI would hold over Joe Biden if this never came out and he was elected president.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
So when you add them up, that's still a lot of votes, and these people tend to be more motivated than typical voters. It's not accidental that the MAGA base has been shaped into a cult.
A cult that won't kick you out for having a different opinion isn't much of a cult.

The lefties will cancel someone who is even talking to someone from the "other side".
Actually understanding and discussing issues is the biggest threat to the lefties. That's why they're attacking free speech.

They'll let the NYT publish whatever anti-Trump garbage they want, but they'll block reports of Bidens negative activities. I've even been suspended here for pointing out Bidens activities around girls is not ok. I'm specifically talking about the official videos with "Creepy Joe Biden".

If one major Liberal/DNC candidate could say that post birth abortion is murder, or that sex selective abortion is a problem to be addressed. I'd be shocked. Even discussing such topics is too much for their cult.
Almost everyone else agrees that there is at least some edge case where abortion is permitted, and they're not afraid to discuss it.

The lack of dialog is a huge part of the problem

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
James.....this election still makes a lot of Americans nervous.

As John King on CNN pointed out....Biden is now projected as holding 290 electoral votes, but 16 days out in 2016 Clinton held 309 electoral votes.

The good news is that Biden has has 10% or more leads and Clinton only had a 4% lead. Biden has also dominated the blue collar States.

Voters stayed home in 2016 because everyone thought Clinton would win easily, but they aren't making that mistake again.

People are voting in astronomical numbers and the early voting heavily favors the Democrats....but it isn't over until the votes are counted.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
The crooked FBI who tried unsuccessfully ran a coup against a sitting president has had a copy of Hunter Biden's laptop since 2019 and did absolutely nothing. Imagine the power the corrupt FBI would hold over Joe Biden if this never came out and he was elected president.
Actually, the FBI has been investigating since they received the hard drive and are now closing in on Rudy Giuliani and his close ties to Russia.

If the FBI proves a Trump - Giuliani - Russia connection, Trump could also be facing serious criminal charges.....and any family members involved as well.

Such activity could be considered treason. No wonder Trump is talking out loud about having to leave the US if he loses.

The FBI may well be waiting until Trump is out of office before they lay charges, so he can't resign and have Pence take over and pardon him.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
A cult that won't kick you out for having a different opinion isn't much of a cult.

The lefties will cancel someone who is even talking to someone from the "other side".
Actually understanding and discussing issues is the biggest threat to the lefties. That's why they're attacking free speech.

They'll let the NYT publish whatever anti-Trump garbage they want, but they'll block reports of Bidens negative activities. I've even been suspended here for pointing out Bidens activities around girls is not ok. I'm specifically talking about the official videos with "Creepy Joe Biden".

If one major Liberal/DNC candidate could say that post birth abortion is murder, or that sex selective abortion is a problem to be addressed. I'd be shocked. Even discussing such topics is too much for their cult.
Almost everyone else agrees that there is at least some edge case where abortion is permitted, and they're not afraid to discuss it.

The lack of dialog is a huge part of the problem
I fully agree Biden is creepy AF at times. So does the New York Times, here's an article:

Has anyone said that they favor post birth abortion? Seems to me that would just be murder. I googled on it a bit because the concept seemed completely bizarre, and could find no references to anyone supporting such a thing.

Sex selective abortion I agree is something that's on the line, ethically. My personal feel is that it's very wrong and shouldn't be done. But is it possible to legislate against that while still allowing necessary abortions? I don't know. It would be tricky. Do you think it's a big issue?

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
According to his former Chief of Staff General Kelly, Trump sounds like he could be the missing link in evolution.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts