Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Sounds like things are getting dire in Northern Italy. Lombardy has its ICU beds nearly filled and many more added than leaving each day. Soon people are going to be dying due to overwhelmed hospital system. Hopefully respirator manufacturers are working overtime and spooling up capacity...

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Flatten the curve.
I fully expect that more borders will be closed.

For people leaving on March Break vacations... that's way past my risk tolerance.

·
Banned
86 Posts
They're already dying due to lack of ICU capacity in Italy. ICU is no longer admitting anyone over 60 at most of the affected Italian hospitals.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Dr. Fauci told CNN that he wouldn't rule out a "national shutdown" because social distancing isn't working well enough.

Will stock markets shut down trading indefinitely to avoid a total market collapse ? That might be a good plan.

At least if markets are shut down, everything goes into a kind of holding pattern and people have one less thing to panic about.

Stock prices are maintained. People's retirement savings are maintained. People can focus on other things besides watching decades of their savings disappear.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Can't see that ever happening but they could impose much tighter circuit breaker trading halts.
I think that the circuit breakers are a good idea, but if they actually do a shutdown, that will cause even MORE panic, and likely an increase in off market trading.

I'm sure March 20th is going to be a scary day. Options, and panic might start setting in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts