Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to apply for ODSP and I need my family members notice of assessments but I don't want to ask them because I have SEVERE anxiety and I don't want them to know that I'm applying for ODSP. I'm kind of embarrassed. Is there a way I can contact the CRA and ask them to send me a copy of my family member's NOA?

·
Registered
10,366 Posts
No unless each person signs a form authorizing you to be their personal representative and sends it in to CRA. Same thing whether a spouse or anyone else.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I don't want to make fun of your anxiety disorder. But think this through. You're too embarrassed to discuss your ODSP application with your own family. But you think the CRA should release their private income information to you without their permission. Is that logical?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'll take it that everyone here immediately knows just what ODSP means. Only I seem never to have encountered that initialism before. Some occult disease process, perhaps?

I would be choked if the CRA gave my assessment notices to anyone but me or someone authorized by me in writing. Family or no.

·
Registered
10,366 Posts
I don't want to make fun of your anxiety disorder. But think this through. You're too embarrassed to discuss your ODSP application with your own family. But you think the CRA should release their private income information to you without their permission. Is that logical?
That is an illogical, if not bizarre, contradiction. It suggests the OP's family members do not share their financial information, including tax returns, with each other. Not sure what that really says about the situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts