Canadian Money Forum banner
941 - 945 of 945 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Thanks @james4beach, i am truly blessed (and lucky). Even if i am up 150%, I still think there is much more gains to be made in the energy sector...

BoA just annonced their 120$/bbl prediction by summer 2022...

I am already having nightmares about the capgain tax bill !

·
Registered
487 Posts
Congrats @larry81 and everyone else who was brave enough to go long energy! The thought crossed my mind, but it just kept going lower and lower and lower.
Investors seem to want to optimize a curious variable, the transaction win loss ratio. Learn to let that one go and optimize CAGR. My ACB in most of my energy (ie everything but Suncor) is hundreds of percent higher than last years lows, so I have many losing transactions, perhaps even majority still. But 20 year CAGR and dollars gained is quite sweet.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
New 52 week high for Suncor and the XEG Energy Index. Onwards and upwards. Consuming countries are panicking in November at the seasonal low of demand with the largest ever release of strategic reserves. What is it going to look like in April-May when seasonal demand peaks? Yikes.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
New 52 week high for Suncor and the XEG Energy Index. Onwards and upwards. Consuming countries are panicking in November at the seasonal low of demand with the largest ever release of strategic reserves. What is it going to look like in April-May when seasonal demand peaks? Yikes.
Amazing! Now the question is whether this can get back to its previous levels from a few years ago.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

941 - 945 of 945 Posts