Canadian Money Forum banner

681 - 700 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Yes. I figure the more I can shelter CDN dividends (TFSA), the better.

The second-best choice for me is CDN dividends non-registered. Third best, is RRSP because I prefer to keep that account for U.S. and international content.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The second-best choice for me is CDN dividends non-registered. Third best, is RRSP because I prefer to keep that account for U.S. and international content.[/QUOTE]

Yup, me too

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
We are in uncharted territory. I wouldn't count anything out at this point. Apparently Dow futures are down about 1000 pts tonight. Put on your seat belt.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Suncor is a Tier 1 company and will survive the price war. Most mid and small cap O&G will be seriously compromised if this lasts more than a year, which is very likely. Most of those are pricing in recapitalization

I think Suncor at $25 prices in a lot of the downside. But it could get below $20. It would definitely be a long term buy at that point. I don't think there is any rush though - this is going to take a while to have a supply response to low prices.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Well there you go it only took 1 day to get there. Yes, Suncor a screaming buy here. Although, a lot of other stuff is too.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
It seems, at least, that Larry hasn't sold his computer off yet to buy more SU... I suppose that's a good sign. :tongue:

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
How this is not front page news right now is baffling. This is it folks, canadian oil has virtually nowhere to go coming soon...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-11/saudi-tankers-aimed-at-u-s-gulf-coast-could-push-out-canada-oil
Many Gulf coast refineries are configured for Canadian dilbit so refineries would take a process (and cost) hit swapping out dilbit for Saudi crude. Inland refineries rely on Canadian imports. I suspect there will be some effect but I think your headline is a little misguided. If Canadian dilbit is backed out, it will be the crude-by-rail portion that Cdn producers can no longer ship by rail to begin with.

I suspect the Saudi tankers are designed to target Permian producers, crudes of somewhat similar quality.

681 - 700 of 717 Posts