Canadian Money Forum banner

661 - 680 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wowee. I guess unless you think we don't need oil, things are looking very good for entry points long term. I'm far from convinced oil won't go lower but still unless you're trying to make money short term, me likee.

·
Banned
580 Posts
It was at $47. not long ago then dropped to $40. Looked good to me at $40. so I bought some, then came Armageddon and now its around $26. It looks almost irresistible. It has a 200 day moving average of about $39. It has YOY quarterly earnings growth of about 4.1% and a market cap of about $40B. However, things have changed. Any opinions ? Thanks.
I got the chills when I read the original post in this long winded thread. Our 52 week high is $47, same as in the post. Armageddon is mentioned too :hopelessness:
All we need is Belguy to come out of hiding to initiate my buy

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Yes. I did some balancing in the summer, so I bought back that %; and depending how much lower prices will get, I might increase my allocation [to DRIP more at lower prices, you know]. :)
I am going to be buying some soon. I'm just hoping it goes under $30 so I can get more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm wondering how low this SUcker is willing to go for me. It seems that SU has dipped to the $30-ish level more than once in the last few years. Surely it'll make it down to that level again with oil at 4 year lows, right?

Really want to add to my holdings in this stock, but all those little red numbers in my account next to SU (and COS, and.... sigh...LRE...) are telling me that I really can't call bottoms for beans.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Suncor would be trading under book value at $26 a share. This would be like Exxon (XOM) trading under $50 or TD Bank under $26. This is possible when markets are so panicked that selling takes companies way under what their worth is. In the current market environment, absent a major shock to the financial system, I would say SU trading below $26 has a probability of less than 5%. Can't hurt to throw a GTC stink bid in and maybe get hit if oil breaks $60 or something like that.

661 - 680 of 717 Posts