Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 717 Posts

·
Banned
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was at $47. not long ago then dropped to $40. Looked good to me at $40. so I bought some, then came Armageddon and now its around $26. It looks almost irresistible. It has a 200 day moving average of about $39. It has YOY quarterly earnings growth of about 4.1% and a market cap of about $40B. However, things have changed. Any opinions ? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Is it a sure thing over a day, week, month, rest of the year? No.

Is it a sure thing if you've got a year or more to invest? Yes, IMO.

I have been trying hard not to buy any. But it is definitely attractive. Starting to look like a 135lb, 5"10 Brunette.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Best way to play the oil sands is with the pipelines. You don't even have to think. You don't even have to guess when the best price is.
Conservative estimate 10-12% annual return.

·
Banned
630 Posts
im looking to trade some Cenovus for Suncor this week.
Just working off market numbers, CVE is down 5% in the last 3 months while SU is down 28%.

·
Registered
272 Posts
OK KaeJS I have never thought of stocks that way. I can't think of one stock what reminds me of Clive Owen or Daniel Craig. :p

Suncor in my recreational opinion is a good one and on my list.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I can't think of one stock what reminds me of Clive Owen or Daniel Craig. :p

Suncor in my recreational opinion is a good one and on my list.
Lol Kim, neither can I [I adore Daniel Craig, been crazy about him since I first laid eyes on him in the movie Munich]. :p

So now we know KaeJS likes brunettes, no wonder he's smart, just kidding! :D

I have been accumulating SU shares since 2009 and just last week averaged down again. I have no doubt the stock will quadruple [eventually]. :)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
just curious 3760 is nymber of shares or $ amount you spent?

P.S. I also added a little bit SU couple of day ago at 26.25
Nor sure about quadripeling :) , but beleive that it will double in 2 -3 years
3760 is the number of share.

Suncor at 26 hahahaha ! For anyone with a little patience and the stomach to handle the volatility... IT'S A STEAL !!!

1 - 20 of 717 Posts