Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 2 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Forget about RRSPs, tax refunds and everything else and focus on that VISA. You'll be hard-pressed even with the advantage of compounding and time to have returns exceed 19%.

With that income, assuming your rent is not outrageous, you really should be able to take care of your debt in a year or sooner if you keep your job. After the majority of your debt is paid down, revisit this question.

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Used my $8,500 and some extra cash I got from selling some sporting equipment to pay off all my Visa debt.....

I hope to be 100% free of consumer debt by April '10!
Good for you Vej! Way to pay down debt ;)

Although some may argue that this was not the 'optimal' thing to do, its seems you're young, have great earning potential, and I'm sure you'll find that if you can keep a high savings rate, that 6 months of not investing in the RRSP won't make one bit of difference.

If I were you, I'd start talking to your banker(s) about that RRSP loan. Since you've tackled the credit card and plan to tackle the auto loan aggressively - some will probably be very willing to start lending you money for the RRSP. Next step - how and what to invest in.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.