Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good resource for financial data? Where I work, I'm spoiled with access to a Bloomberg Terminal, but the cost is huge and, it's well above what I'm willing to spend out of my own pocket.

Specifically, I'm looking for stock info for both Canadian and US markets. I want to use it as a screener / analyze baskets of stocks. The datapoints I'm interested right now are:

• Market Cap
  • Price to earnings (P/E)
  • Price to book (P/B)
  • Current Ratio
  • Quick Ratio
  • Dividend Payout
  • Dividend Payout Ratio
  • Piotrowski Score
  • Price Change over various time frames

Ideally, I'd like software, with a excel addin, but I'd consider web based only applications if they fit the bill. Any suggestions that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good resource for financial data?
I like StockRover too.
Now, of course, it's no Bloomberg Terminal :).
But it lets me slice/dice all kinds of fundamental data, on thousands of US and Can stocks, in any quantitative manner that I like.

Stock Rover has most of those for free, I think they charge for Piotrowski score though. stockrover.com
That is correct. The Piotroski F-Score is only included in the $20/month pay option.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well stock rover looks like a pretty decent site. The free version gives me 90% of what I'm looking for. And it looks to be worth it to pay for the premium access. Thanks again Spudd (and Avrex).

@My Own Advisor - I'm a sucker for F-Score stocks too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts