Canadian Money Forum banner

181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
If I remember correctly, about 3 months ago this referenced website (Natural News) has been de-ranked from FaceBook because of conspiracy stuff ...
------
Credit card companies now blocking Americans from buying gold or silver
Banks Rejecting Credit Card Purchases of Precious Metals; Cutting-Off Entire Credit Lines of Consumers who try
By Ethan Huff
July 21, 2020

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
If I remember correctly, about 3 months ago this referenced website (Natural News) has been de-ranked from FaceBook because of conspiracy stuff ...
Well that is normal. You aren't supposed to use credit cards to buy other money, and there are various limitations on what you can buy using credit cards.

Can you use credit cards to buy Euro currency notes?

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
I never tried to buy gold with a credit card.
I can take a cash advance I guess and then buy gold?
But cash advances are high interest.
I read this post again and wanted to add: in case you are actually thinking of doing this, please don't buy gold with borrowed money.

Cash advances are very high interest, yes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gold on its way to 2000$? It just went from 1800$ to 1900$ in a matter of a week.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Currently $2,550 CAD, gold just hit another all time historic high price. Again, I suggest watching the price in CAD since that's what is relevant to us.

Remember, this is a currency pair.
True, and anyway 2000$ USD is just a psychological threshold. Well, then gold just recently hit 2500$ CAD, a psychological threshold from a Canadian point of view.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I read this post again and wanted to add: in case you are actually thinking of doing this, please don't buy gold with borrowed money.

Cash advances are very high interest, yes.
I am not into buying more gold.
I just thought that the demand must be huge if credit card companies were not allowing purchases.
But you straightened that out for me.
I purchased 13 ounce waffers on January 27th at the TD bank and buried it in my sisters back yard.
Listed at 2,082.74 Canadian dollars ($1,580.58 American) per ounce January 27, 2020.

·
Registered
35 Posts
# MNT vs CGL.C

While gold price including CGL.C went up almost 1% today, MNT.TO price dropped 3.83% and it's premium/discount to iNAV also dropped to 8.6%(the lowest point probably in the past one month).

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
# MNT vs CGL.C

While gold price including CGL.C went up almost 1% today, MNT.TO price dropped 3.83% and it's premium/discount to iNAV also dropped to 8.6%(the lowest point probably in the past one month).
Thanks for sharing. That sounds encouraging, glad to see this normalizing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think that each time an embassy closes during this dispute between the U.S. and China will result in a 100 dollar bonus for gold investors.
If America introduces sanctions against China, then China will introduce a gold-backed currency.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Glad I sold my MNT and swapped to CGL.C a while back for a 15% premium !!!

Wish I owned more Silver... my 3% allocation to MNS is just so small, but I bought it like 20% ago....

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
MNT is trading at 2%+ premium to NAV today. Maybe a good chance to buy if it continues to drop toward 1% premium?
Hoping it stays low and close to NAV. As I add more money to my investments, I'll need to buy more gold (eventually) and I was concerned that I couldn't buy MNT at such high premiums.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions for buying physical silver? I was looking at a few suppliers and the premiums seem crazy high compared to the premiums on gold.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions for buying physical silver? I was looking at a few suppliers and the premiums seem crazy high compared to the premiums on gold.
My suggestion would be not to do it. It's illiquid, the bid/ask spread is high, and you have to store it somewhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hoping it stays low and close to NAV. As I add more money to my investments, I'll need to buy more gold (eventually) and I was concerned that I couldn't buy MNT at such high premiums.
I was able to closely monitor the price premium of MNT last week and bought some at 1.46% premium. It has bounced back almost 10% till now. So happy:giggle:

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
I was able to closely monitor the price premium of MNT last week and bought some at 1.46% premium. It has bounced back almost 10% till now. So happy:giggle:
Wow, great job! Wish I had done the same. I still think MNT is a superior holding to CGL.C, and lower fee as well.

Another thing I like about MNT is how easy it is to calculate (and verify) the underlying value. Each unit is simply a claim on 0.XXXX of an ounce of gold; I like this structure.

Apparently the one downside is that the price does not track the underlying value too precisely.

181 - 200 of 207 Posts