Canadian Money Forum banner

541 - 552 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,

I am a 69 year old widow with a large portfolio mostly in RRSPs and it is all equities with about 150K liquid.
The majority of the fund came from my deceased husband DB Pension which I took as a lump sum.

I too am a novice at investing and look forward to reading and joining this community.

I am unsure which to take the RIF or LIF as I am coming close to the mandatory withdrawal with big tax implications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone

Hey, I'm a 38 y.o Albertan who had been lurking in the shadows for awhile. Decided to finally join and post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
introduce yourself

Hello I am retired postal worker. Hope to find useful information about retirement as well as general investment ideas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Greetings

Hello everyone,

I am a 45 year old self employed from Toronto. I enjoy reading the forum and finally decided to post.

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
there was a competition thread for estimating future prices of SP, TSX, gold, etc. many of the forum members participate. i am trying to find that thread. anyone know?
Search for 2018 Predictions. You will find 2019 Predictions around December.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello all

Hi all !I've lived in Canada for 5 years where I completed a Masters in Marketing and worked for 3 years. Now I'm searching for a job that would send me anywhere in the Canada) I like hiking, camping, gardening and nature
Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hi all !I've lived in Canada for 5 years where I completed a Masters in Marketing and worked for 3 years. Now I'm searching for a job that would send me anywhere in the Canada) I like hiking, camping, gardening and nature
Cheers, Alex

welcome to the forum Alex

those are my fave activities too although i don't camp any longer, i've grown too fond of fresh clean sheets, hot showers & the occasional ice cube in summertime (van camping is not real camping imho) (i'm talking wild camping w nothing but a tent & tiny one-burner fuel stove if u are lucky)

·
Registered
4 Posts

I enjoy posts about deals and financial tips. I am here to just share my knowledge and also learn along the way!

Looking forward to fruitful exchanges!

:cocksure:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

My name is Janes from England and i'm a newbie to this forum.
looks like a very busy forum with loads of info from people around the world. will pop in from time to time

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member self-introduction

Hello fellow members!

I want to start by saying "thank you" - I stumbled across this site in my search results the other day when I was trying to figure out what type of tax hike I would face if I move my Permanent Residence from Alberta to BC. The discussion gave me a lot of information, and I appreciate the fact that, as a non-member, I was allowed to see it and follow the links that the members suggested.

I decided to join because I'm going to be retiring one year from now... and I have a small DB plan and a horribly underperforming DC plan that is mostly Canadian TD-ETF's. Yes, over the years I could have rebalanced it to include more US and International ETF's, but I didn't.

I'm not sure that now is the time to buy more International, or what the proportions should be, but I hope to learn. Fast. :) I'll try to figure out the appropriate forums in which to pose my questions.

541 - 552 of 552 Posts