Canadian Money Forum banner

521 - 540 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
shocktrader?

Excuse the corny title, The names Lawrence ,ive bin nearly a lifelong electrician and electronics enthusiast from childhood up. My other interests are photography, painting (art type) and business . Ive recently (~a year ago) took an interest in the stockmarket and trading, yes a complete newb but im enthusiastic and want to learn as much as i can. Up to this point ive only paper traded ,TC2000,TradingView ,NinjaTrader and HTMW are some of the platform im familiar with. Tomorrow i have an appointment at CIBC (my business banking provider) to open my very first real trading account. Wish me godspeed.

P.S. BTW any others here from the east coast area?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there, so I've been on this site for a couple months but thought I should actually introduce myself. I'm a 29 year old guy in Nova Scotia, originally from Newfoundland but moved away about 7 years ago. I've been interested in money and investing for years and about 3 years ago started investing in mutual funds. I have my own house with a small mortgage, no other debt, while also going to grad school to further my career. I earn a decent income in health care that lets me save quite a bit of money on a regular basis.

I enjoy reading, travel, visiting Newfoundland to spend time with family and friends when I'm not busy with work and school. Here's to learning as much about investing as I can and sharing ideas with everyone.

Cheers!

·
Registered
246 Posts
there was a competition thread for estimating future prices of SP, TSX, gold, etc. many of the forum members participate. i am trying to find that thread. anyone know?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi there,

My name is Brendan, I just thought that I'd drop you all a line to say hello.

I'm originally from Trinidad and Tobago, a small Caribbean island. If you ever visit there hit me up I'd be happy to provide you with some cool sights and food recommendations.

I'm a huge buffet fan and I got into investing after taking a course on "Value Investing" during my MBA. Given that I don't have time to research stocks, I decided to become an index investor. However, I'm always on the look out for great companies at undervalued prices.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm a 23 years old, with an interest in finance. I love trying investments. For example, I got a couple of dollars in bitcoins during the summer, they are worth almost four times their initial value. I have experience with mutual funds, but a lot less with other kind of investments.

I studied in chemistry, and I'm finishing my first contract after university. I'm considering studying in another subject to be able to work closer to home.

My hobbies are very artsy, and I love music, painting and everything DIY.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm back...

Finally got my account reset (Thank you to cmfadmin). Used to post under Gordo99 but fell off the map a couple years ago when the site changed hands.

Have been reading this site for years and gained much so will be nice to contribute again the odd time now that I am able.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, My name is Metaz. I'm 23yr. I was working with my family and i'm jobless right now and searching job. I enjoy reading, to spend time with friends when I'm not busy with work. I'm not busy anymore so i can spend my all time with my friends. :) Here's to learning as something and share if i know something.
:black_eyed:

·
Registered
12 Posts
New member introduction

Hi there, by way of an introduction, my wife and I are both ex-pats from the UK. We've lived in Canada for 28 years. We're considering retiring to the UK (are we nuts?) and we'll be looking for any advice on RRSP's/RRIF's and getting the funds over to the UK, along with deemed dispositions and HMRC reporting funds etc......Thanks in advance for any upcoming feedback. :joyous:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Introduction

Hey
Kittykatty here. I'm from Toronto. I run a cafe with my sister. It's high time for me start saving money. I'm hoping this forum will help me out with the queries I have regarding the same. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Long time reader first time poster!

With this massive run up in the stock market and Trump doing such a great job getting the economy back on track I'm ready to finally jump into investing! Looking forward to advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello!

Just found this forum and I'm sure there will be a boatload of information on here for me to peruse. Over the next short while, I'll probably be mostly searching for stuff related to completing income tax forms in Ontario. I'm a self employed house painter and I've been doing my own taxes for years. Hopefully correctly! For the first time I'm going to be doing my elderly mothers income taxes. Definitely going to need some help with this.

Anyhoo, thanks for having me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello! Thank you for starting this discussion :)

I'm an engineer who is very passionate about technology. I might have limited knowledge about financial services, but just a thought, I believe that funding employers in different industries could be very helpful for job seekers. I know some non profit organizations which are doing so by offering government funds but I think specifying more funds or supporting such organization would be very helpful!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Journey to Options Guru

Hi All:

My first posting. New to the whole scene. Must get tutorials on navigating through this site.

I am a 69 former HR Exec who wants to fully retire next year. I have read four books on Options and have scoured
James Cordier's The Complete Guide to Selling Options twice. I intend to paper-trade over the next six months and
will probably learn with the Think or Swim platform.

I intend to take mentoring from anyone with options experience and might make this my default community.

Thank in advance for any help in both options and navigating through this site.

521 - 540 of 552 Posts