Canadian Money Forum banner

501 - 520 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

Hi, I'm new here too!

I work with consumer loans, where I advise in the development of IT systems that optimizes the customers ability to find the best loans on the online market. The market is increasingly demanding cheap cosumer loans, that we try to provide them with. The goal is to make the loaning process as quick and simple as possible for our costumers! At Moneybanker, the costumer enter requirements to a new consumer loan, then the page will automatically find the loan that meets the customer's requirements.

Anyway, I look very much forward to contributing to the many threads on this site - and let myself be inspired by you!

Have a nice day :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Late Comer to DIY Investing

Hello All,

I'm a late comer to the idea of DIY Investing. Started out the usual route when I was younger dumping money irrationally into mutual funds and not really paying attention to what my RRSP's were doing. I skipped several years contributions while raising a family but have come back to investing in earnest.

I've been reading lots of articles and books on investing in the past several years. I finally took the plunge into individual stock picks in the past few years by obtaining an initial company share and adding to it via the transfer agent. At this stage of my life, I don't expect to be able to retire financially independent on my dividend portfolio however I would like to supplement my retirement income via the dividends I am earning.

I suppose my children will reap more of the rewards from my investments than I will, but it will be nice to help cushion my retirement even just a little.

Thanks for reading.

JR

·
Registered
12 Posts
New

I am Matt from Toronto.

I am getting my finances in order very late in life -- I am in my 40s. I have zero savings. Yet, I have a decent job. Just frittered money away.

I want to change that, but investing is not an interest of mine; I am not in this for fun. Want to invest some $$$ without paying fees, learning to do it all myself.

I tried to sign up for Quest trade to get started with $1000 invested to learn the ropes, but the questions to register were too complicated to even get started. I do not want to go to a bank and get screwed paying someone else to manage stuff. I am registering here hoping to get simple answers to jump in.

Wish me luck!

Matt

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I am Matt from Toronto.

I am getting my finances in order very late in life -- I am in my 40s. I have zero savings. Yet, I have a decent job. Just frittered money away.

I want to change that, but investing is not an interest of mine; I am not in this for fun. Want to invest some $$$ without paying fees, learning to do it all myself.

I tried to sign up for Quest trade to get started with $1000 invested to learn the ropes, but the questions to register were too complicated to even get started. I do not want to go to a bank and get screwed paying someone else to manage stuff. I am registering here hoping to get simple answers to jump in.

Wish me luck!

Matt
Good luck! You might like to try Tangerine for investments, they're excellent for beginners.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I'm Bill G.

I live in Toronto and have been here for 10+ years. I grew up mostly in Ottawa and lived/worked in Calgary for 10 years after University. I'm 43. Long-time follower of finances - read the Wealthy Barber, Peter Lynch "Beating the Street" (and others) and "Worth" magazine (any body remember that one?) in my early 20s. Self directed investor, have refocused my mutual fund portfolio to ETFs in the last 5 years. Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,
I am Joseph Venne from Toronto. I'm an nuclear engineer and I am hoping to change my career. So I hope to meet people from different societies and get some great opinions and suggestions for my career.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, I'm Linda from Calgary. I went through a separation last year, and I'm trying to figure out my finances and taxes as a single mom, rather than as a couple with kids. I've been doing DIY investing, of the Couch Potato variety, for the last several years, but recently branched out to buying a few individual stocks to balance things out, since I felt the ETFs I had were weak in certain sectors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Names Girish, I have a diploma in Business-Accounting, just finished a BA in Psych and am working on a CPA designation. Switched careers after 10+ years in Hospo. I had some mutual funds for a couple years and got into value investing with my own portfolio last year. Pretty happy so far with the results. Looking to share some analysis and discussion with other investors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm Barry sharf from Old Brookville, NY. I was working as an entrepreneur in the home medical equipment industry and also have been active investor in real estate & other small business. I love to write & share about business funding, merchant cash advance, direct lending, financing and working capital loans.

Please let me know how does this forum work?

Thanks

Barry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I am a 27 Year old millennial, after reading many financial blog I have decided to start my own financial journey. I have started a blog call slowlybutwealthy with a friend to track our progress. This the first forum I have joined since starting my journey. I grew up in Toronto but have since moved away from Toronto for work. After moving away from Toronto I have very little desire to come back to Toronto after seeing the options that rest of Canada offers. Also the house price in Toronto is way too ridiculous, the average income in Toronto is not even close to keeping up with house price.

I am very excited to begin my journey as well as joining this community.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there!

I'm Jean-Denis and new to this forum. I'm a software developper and I live in Quebec City.
English is not my native language so sorry for your eyes :] but I'll do my best!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Introduction

Hi,

My name's Matthew and I just thought I'd through a quick line here to get myself rolling on the threads. It's been a while since I've been in a forum, but I've taken a keen interest in personal finance after observing the do's and don'ts for a few years. As I started working in a position that required me to handle the cash-flow of a busy company, I began reading books on how to help me improve. I stole the book "The Wealthy Barber Returns" of the owner's desk on day because he never reads his books and that one has sat there for over a year without being touched. After reading that, I decided I was going to start being more involved with my personal finances.. and it's only been 3 months so far, still paying off my debt.. but I'm liking it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

Hello,

I'm Alex and I work as a Sales Manager for a Toronto-based company. 30 years old, diabetic but I love sugary stuff. I invest on my body.

501 - 520 of 552 Posts