Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I setup a google finance account for amusement (given that I have multiple investment accounts for various reasons, some ETFs/stocks, and some mutual funds), hoping to have one place for quick reference and tracking...

I notice that some of my TD Mutual funds are being reported with intraday gains/losses through google, whereas TD won't usually report a closing price on them for 1-2 days later.

Is this google estimate accurate? Are they tracking the individual Mutual fund holdings for each investment and giving me a ballpark gain/loss figure?

Thanks for clarifying!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I setup a google finance account for amusement (given that I have multiple investment accounts for various reasons, some ETFs/stocks, and some mutual funds), hoping to have one place for quick reference and tracking...

I notice that some of my TD Mutual funds are being reported with intraday gains/losses through google, whereas TD won't usually report a closing price on them for 1-2 days later.

Is this google estimate accurate? Are they tracking the individual Mutual fund holdings for each investment and giving me a ballpark gain/loss figure?

Thanks for clarifying!
It appears that Google is reporting the mutual funds gain or loss over the previous day and reporting it as the day's gain or loss. I'm not exactly sure when Google pulls up a mutual fund's price but the price it is currently reporting as the price agrees with the price of the mutual fund on TD's website as of yesterday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts