Canadian Money Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
They released them yesterday morning before opening bell.

I'd say they looked good from the perspective there was NOT a further deterioration of margins due to higher feedstock prices, and commissioning of new facilities should increase sales going forward. They appear to have been able to increase product prices (and thus revenue) somewhat to recover margin (probably their competitors have been able to do so too). That is different than saying "really good" but I am satisfied they are headed in the right direction and we are unlikely to see <$18 prices again (other than any temporary impacts yet to come from tax loss selling season).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It's been awhile since this thread has seen any action. I regret not buying this in the $5.XX range years ago. It's taken quite a slide lately. I have some funds ready to deploy and this one caught my eye. It seems to be riding the coat tails of amazon with the move to online delivery. I know this bull is long in the tooth but I am overweight cash and want to put some of it to work.

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
Looking back at my post #81, it is dangerous to speculate on whether prices could drop below any specific number, e.g. $18. I will speculate one more time.... This is probably beaten down as far as it has been due to trade uncertainty more than the underlying business.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Thanks Alta. I would have to agree. I think the Trump effect creates volatility and opportunity. Also checking New Flyer Industries. They may feel the impact of tariffs but I am speculating that these tariffs will not be implemented at the rate that is currently on the table. Trump can say he's going to do this or that but at the end of the day he needs the support of the house. The November midterms will definitely determine where things go next.

Cheers

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
We really won't know the degree of impact on industrials like ITP, NFI, etc. but at least some of their manufacturing business is located in the USA. There will be some margin impact and that is what the market is speculating about. I'd be more worried about a RUS which I don't know a lot about but think it's operations are almost exclusively in-Canada which causes a higher margin impact. It pays to know the underlying business of who one is buying in times like this.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Order got filled at 16.70 July 22nd. Only a 1/2 position as most of my funds are in TFSA. Purchased with money from Distributions and Dividends in my LIRA. Hopefully a long term hold for me.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Q1 earnings and AGM results

Like many others ITP has removed guidance but has provided an update on Q2. current estimates see a 10% decline in revenue. They have chosen to maintain the dividend for the next scheduled payout. Market reacts with a 16.25% drop in share price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Q1 earnings and AGM results

Like many others ITP has removed guidance but has provided an update on Q2. current estimates see a 10% decline in revenue. They have chosen to maintain the dividend for the next scheduled payout. Market reacts with a 16.25% drop in share price.
Down another 5% or so midday today. They're getting punished pretty hard. I re-read the release/results and discussion, and I think investors are looking further out. They've withdrawn their guidance/targets on their acquisition strategy through 2022, which I believe is what is driving the price down right now. Their results in this release were pretty reasonable, and everyone else is also withdrawing guidance without the reaction we're seeing here.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sold today to capture capital gains while we are still at 50% taxable rate . Likely to be back once the wait time expires.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sold today to capture capital gains while we are still at 50% taxable rate . Likely to be back once the wait time expires.
What wait time?

Claiming a capital loss triggers the 61-day window around acquisitions of the same security. But this does not apply to a gain.

·
Registered
475 Posts
fireseeker - thanks on that education. this is my first move at selling gainers intentionally, other than doing so in a rebalancing.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts