Canadian Money Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
you are right this forum is unbelievably helpful & generous to new members, labouring long & hard to hand-tailor useful suggestions for each individual who arrives here for the first time.

it's only the small number of hard-core stock pumps who are not, according to the moderators' own words, supposed to be spamming here.

unfortunately the hard-core pumps seem to be multiplying of late.

dear me granny, said Little Red Riding Hood. What big dividends you have.

all the better to pump you with my dear, said the wolf.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
This forum is unbelievable, if you don't have >2K posts some senoir members just gang up on new members . .
Nobody starts here as a senior; we all start with post #1, regardless of knowledge, or reason for joining CMF.

This forum is very lucky to have highly knowledgeable and respectable members. Personally, I never asked too many questions here because I prefer to find answers for myself, but the forum has nevertheless been inspirational. As HP mentioned, CMF is indeed very 'helpful & generous to new members' [hp being a very large contributor here x 3 years], but you haven't been around long enough to have perhaps noticed the 'unbelievable' help given to those that come here to learn.

Back on topic: ITP down on an up day; rare to see.

·
Registered
258 Posts
HP, Harold and Tgal have all taught me heaps on this forum. So I am appreciative of there time and knowledge. Thank you, please dont stop

·
Banned
136 Posts
you are right this forum is unbelievably helpful & generous to new members, labouring long & hard to hand-tailor useful suggestions for each individual who arrives here for the first time.

it's only the small number of hard-core stock pumps who are not, according to the moderators' own words, supposed to be spamming here.

unfortunately the hard-core pumps seem to be multiplying of late.

dear me granny, said Little Red Riding Hood. What big dividends you have.

all the better to pump you with my dear, said the wolf.
HP this is an Equities section. GV is an equity! One of the top performers YTD. I own this stock, therefore I am sharing my experiences on it. Perhaps you provide some valuable insites to others on this Forum and are respected for your seniority But I do not belong to your union. To me you are full of status.
For you to say I am spamming, pumping, and should be banned because I posted something you do not like is ignorant, but you are so entitled so carry on.

·
Banned
136 Posts
This forum is unbelievable, if you don't have >2K posts some senoir members just gang up on new members . .
Thanks for calling a spade a spade. Several others seem to have a problem noticing the obvious. Perhaps there are many others lurkiing here that notice the same but are afraid to post.

Meantime, ITP broke 8:00.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Are you the same Lucy who was advocating long term dividend stocks barely a few months ago?
Promoting the book Single Best Investment?

What kind of sea change has occured, which has transformed you into this penny stock chasing, user car salesman style pumping, foul-mouthed personality?

May I suggest that perhaps you should re-read that book cover to cover once again and regain some of your composure.

Then perhaps you can tell us how dividend paying stocks like the Bank of Nova Scotia or Fortis or Trans Canada Pipelines have returned double digits over generations, instead of some sleazy penny stock buying swampland in central Florida that went from 20c. to $2.50 in 2 months.
What makes you so self righteous? Is it because you have been here since "09?

FYI....I also own dividend growth stocks. Is that OK with you?

Furthermore.... ITP is not exactly a penny stock. I has traded much higher than where it is now. It is not a parobolic stock. It's chart is perhaps the smoothest YTD. Appreciating by an average of 15-20% per month. I challenge you to find me a better more orderly appreciating stock with fewer pullbacks. I would seriously be interested in trading such stocks.

Total transparency. I got out at $7.54 from $6.50 entry because I did not like the price action a few days ago. I am considering getting back in today.

I believe the share price is protected, possibly manipulated like many others. I have watched traders buy up the share price 5% in the last 30 minutes of trading. I have also watched traders/investors swoop in and buy up 1M shares when selling pressure occurs.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
lucie you never state one iota of information as to why your obscure lo-volume stocks have performed the way they do. This makes you unconvincing.

all you do is show the unknowns at the very zeniths of their price trajectories & exhort people to buy, buy, buy. This makes you a pump.

in intertape polymer, you have frequently been out-of-your-skull panicked (please see upthread) because you cannot understand what it is that is carrying this stock higher.

·
Banned
136 Posts
lucie you never state one iota of information as to why your obscure lo-volume stocks have performed the way they do. This makes you unconvincing.

all you do is show the unknowns at the very zeniths of their price trajectories & exhort people to buy, buy, buy. This makes you a pump.

in intertape polymer, you have frequently been out-of-your-skull panicked (please see upthread) because you cannot understand what it is that is carrying this stock higher.
Absolutely correct. As I have stated before. I trade what I see. Ie; price action, not what I think or read on the Internet. I trade the trend not the fundamentals. Nothing new. Many do the same. Check out Elite Trader.

I don't care if people buy or not. This is up to them. If I'm buying, I say so. If I'm selling, I say so. Others can observe and learn from my winning or losing and buy or short if they wish.

I have no problem jumping on board a trend that's at a 52 week high. The stock has done something special that it deserves to be there. Whether You and I understand or know or agree with the reason is absolutely irrelevant. It's going where it's going with or without you and me.

I feel following the Golden Rule of "the trend is your friend" is a good idea. It's exciting and profitable to be in trending momentum plays with 10-20% increases per month.

And posting my trades on CMF s certainly not enough to pump any stock. Let's ask! Anyone here bought any ITP or GV just because I did?

Oh! By the way. I'm considering buying some ELLI. Really nice trending chart. I hear Cramer says its a buy. Not that I care. I just would like a piece of that trend.

(P.S. I've read the Market Wizards series, Jessie Livermore, William Oneil books about 5-10 times. Amongst many others. No I do not get royalties so do go there)

·
Banned
136 Posts
Bought back in the trend yesterday. I see some big money supporting the trend on this stock. Let's see where she goes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow Intertape is getting hammered today. Down almost 10 percent as of this writing. Any idea what's driving this?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not exactly sure, but it had doubled since July. Not surprised at all. I can speculate it might be something related to softening of the housing market. Housing out west is going to take a hit with the decline in oil prices.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What are peoples thoughts now that it has falling from $ 24-25 .. and seems to be sitting around $ 19 . Upside close to previous or trade sideways for a while ?

·
Registered
10,891 Posts
Its margins have been squeezed (see last quarter's results). Down to just under $18 at one point. Hard to know if it will take a further hit after another quarter of similar results (margin pressure is not expected to dissipate until well into 2018). Anyone's guess.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts