Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
But why TG? What about, "the trend is your friend until it ends."
Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow [or Monday, lol], but that's where the conservative approach comes in; as Argonault would say, 'the best offense is a good defense’ or something like that! :)

The hint was to pay attention to the Chairman of the Board & analyze his track record [if you haven't done so already].
http://investing.businessweek.com/r...858&previousTitle=INTERTAPE POLYMER GROUP INC

This was written before he joined ITP:
http://www.globeadvisor.com/servlet/ArticleNews/story/gam/20050428/RREGULY28

I wish I had read this thread a year ago, but I totally missed it.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
... The hint was to pay attention to the Chairman of the Board & analyze his track record

but i don't think L did do that, even though i said so "loud & clear" days ago.

t.gal do you think the problem is she doesn't read french ?

tch. In an officially bilingual country, yet.

"Wherever Mr. Baker is, he's laughing."

at the time the globe's eric reguly wrote those words, the chairman was living in a modest, very pretty, beautifully restored neo-farmhouse built on land in montreal that had once upon a time, during french rule under la nouvelle france, been part of a prosperous habitant farm running up the lower levels of westmount mountain.

the property is now all streets, but surviving here & there are a few genuine 18th century farmhouses. Also surviving, here & there, are a few houses built later by english settlers in a kind of neo-farmhouse style that was a cross between quebec farm & modest victorian brick city house.

the chairman's house was one of these adapted victorian fermettes. He doesn't live there any more.

sometimes i walk by & admire the restoration of the windows, galleries & porches.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Yes, yes, I have google too!
Yes the chairman likes to make money. Every chairman does, even the ones that lose money.
His Past performances are not a guarantee of future successes or failures.
However, when trading, the trend is your friend until it ends. It gives you an edge. And oh what a trend! With few retracements. I suppose you are thinking his track record IS the trend.

I'm out when the stock changes behavior. Hopefully it's not with a huge gap down. The risk with all stocks. At the moment I wish I had my whole trading account in ITP instead of some slipping out of other blue chips who's trends are rolling over.
Decisions decisions. Thinking of piling in at the next consolidation point.

·
Banned
136 Posts
WHAT? Someone just bought 2.3 million shares in the last minute and the price did not move. Average volume is under 300k.

Second time this month 2 million share block was purchased.

I decided to add to that 2 million share purchase by buying in another 12,000 shares of my own. Now own 17,000 shares. Let's see where she goes!

·
Banned
70 Posts
I bought this stock back in 2007 for ~$3.00, I got the idea from Benj Gallander. He's been pounding the table on this one for a while.

It's turned into a play on the U.S. housing market. A lot of their sales come from the paper you put under shingles and vinyl siding. That division has experienced most of the overall sales growth, and as a previous poster mentioned, 3M has gotten out of that market.

I'm going to sell half my position in the next week and then hope the rest goes up to $10.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Yeah, I believe so. Nobody knows for sure.. but today's price action isn't a very good sign. We won't be crossing today's highs anytime soon.

I have to admit, when it comes to momentum plays like this, I am quite the novice. Based on what I have read (market wizards, etc. I'm going to stay in with a trailing stop of 2-3%.

Golden rule is the trend is your friend until it ends.

What I saw today was someone bid this stock up to $7.91 on news of notice of redemption of notes and it slammed right
back down. Plus on top of that, someone bought over 2 million shares on 2 separate occasions in June. I am Assuming, some bigger players see it as a good price to buy in.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Plus on top of that, someone bought over 2 million shares on 2 separate occasions in June. I am Assuming, some bigger players see it as a good price to buy in.
Or someone moved it from left pocket to the right one so the small players think someone big is buying.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Or someone moved it from left pocket to the right one so the small players think someone big is buying.
You are right. Deceiving or even fraudulent insider activity is always possible with the markets. That's why I focus on what I see on the charts and this stock consistently averages 15-20% per month or 1% per trading day. Nice and boring. Not a roller coaster ride. Not for now anyway.

(reading Richard Dennis today, trainor of the Turtles. To paraphrase...you have to be able to hold a position in a trend until the chart changes.)

·
Banned
136 Posts
A ton of selling pressure today. Looks like someone is supporting the stock. I was watching level II when the selling was dominating in the $7.40 range then bang someone came ing and bought up all the shares up to the $7.55 range. Over 1 million shares traded today. A record I believe. I didn't like the behavior of the stock last few days so I got out today at $7.58. I will get back in, if the trend resumes.

·
Banned
136 Posts
HOLYCOW! Check out the possible support/manipulation on this stock. Selling pressure all day then someone comes along and buys up all the sell orders from $7.50 to $7.81 , 1 million plus.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
i ave no idée ow she got in, apologized the Froggy Footman. Normalement i check all ze invitations & all zee ID down at ze gatekeeper's lodge.

HOLY COW HOLY COW HO shrieked the newcomer, as she seized 17 smoked salmon canapés in both large, raw, red hands & rammed them into her mouth.

silence fell upon the tea table. Not even the clotted cream quivered in its porcelain bowl. Eighteen pairs of eyes turned upon the raucous intruder.

please send for the Red Queen, said the March Hare to the Footman. We need to ban this personnage by royal proclamation.

·
Banned
136 Posts
i ave no idée ow she got in, apologized the Froggy Footman. Normalement i check all ze invitations & all zee ID down at ze gatekeeper's lodge.

HOLY COW HOLY COW HO shrieked the newcomer, as she seized 17 smoked salmon canapés in both large, raw, red hands & rammed them into her mouth.

silence fell upon the tea table. Not even the clotted cream quivered in its porcelain bowl. Eighteen pairs of eyes turned upon the raucous intruder.

please send for the Red Queen, said the March Hare to the Footman. We need to ban this personnage by royal proclamation.
HP. Why do you have such a need to troll and pollute a serious thread. I'm sure there is an off topic section. Why not find it and stay there when in such a mood. As for banning me. Well, I think you realize if your posts were so much better than mine, you would not need to keep reminding me how much smarter you are. Stroking your ego in front of everyone.

I have actually traded this stock and commented on what I have experienced. What's your contribution other than trolling to feed your self importance. It's quite ironic that it's crap like yours which needs to be banned and taught a lesson. Get a life, loser.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Are you the same Lucy who was advocating long term dividend stocks barely a few months ago?
Promoting the book Single Best Investment?

What kind of sea change has occured, which has transformed you into this penny stock chasing, user car salesman style pumping, foul-mouthed personality?

May I suggest that perhaps you should re-read that book cover to cover once again and regain some of your composure.

Then perhaps you can tell us how dividend paying stocks like the Bank of Nova Scotia or Fortis or Trans Canada Pipelines have returned double digits over generations, instead of some sleazy penny stock buying swampland in central Florida that went from 20c. to $2.50 in 2 months.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts