Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an international student here studying the past 2 years. I got an advertisement through Wechat (app) that there are these accountants that can get a tax refund for $500-$1000 dollars when you don't have any income. Their set prices are $15 for international students with no income and $20-international student with income (1 T4 slip only), more than $20 for additional T4 slips.

Can someone tell how is this possible? I only got the Ontario Trillium Benefit last year with no income and claiming my tuition and textbook credits.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Sounds like a scam. A tax refund is only tax you have overpaid, and CRA is refunding you the money. If you had no income and paid no tax on it, then you have nothing to come back. If you have a T4 and are a student (international or otherwise), then you will probably get refunded the tax you have overpaid.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I am guessing that they are referring to the Trillium benefit plus the GST/HST credit for a total of $500-$1,0000.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Hey foreigner. Not only you don't have to pay any Canadian income tax, you want to use our system for personal gains. As a proud Canadian tax payer, I say shame on you trying to scam our system.

I also know a lot of international students somehow getting Canadian credit cards, max them out when they finish their study, and abandon everything to go back home. Canadian banks and their shareholders (many posters in this forum here) then have to subsidize the bills. Disgusting.

·
Registered
133 Posts
In Ontario (Not sure if still true this year), you can claim rent paid during the year, it's refundable tax credit so if you don't have tax due, it will pay out as cash. You also get Ontario Trillium even if you don't pay any tax.

I doubt you'll get $500 of return without having a T4 though so I wouldn't trust those people.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Hey foreigner. Not only you don't have to pay any Canadian income tax, you want to use our system for personal gains. As a proud Canadian tax payer, I say shame on you trying to scam our system.

I also know a lot of international students somehow getting Canadian credit cards, max them out when they finish their study, and abandon everything to go back home. Canadian banks and their shareholders (many posters in this forum here) then have to subsidize the bills. Disgusting.
You're a racist piece of crap MM.

·
Registered
704 Posts
You're a racist piece of crap MM.
Racist?

You have no idea on what you are saying. Where did I make any racial comment in message? Where is your accusation of 'racial discrimination' from? I am expressing my opinion on tax payer vs non tax payer fairness. In fact, I did not mention anything about race in my previous message. Because I don't care what your race is, a scammer is a scammer. You can be white but still try to scam the rest of hard working Canadians. That is just disgusting. It's the action that is disgusting. Get it? So watch your language and stop your accusation.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Call it what you will you racist ***.
Do you even know how do read? After my explanations, you post a one line swear words? OMG you must be illiterate and uneducated because when you cannot reason, you just swear.

Anyway. I will just ignore you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.