Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants to do Interlocking stones work for patio and steps in our backyard. Could anybody recommend some decent and not too pricey contactor?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
My wife wants to do Interlocking stones work for patio and steps in our backyard. Could anybody recommend some decent and not too pricey contactor?
Don’t do it. I hate interlocking or any pavers. Cleaning weeds and grass forever. Go with poured concrete.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in in the GTA and I plan to use a company called Giantview to install an interlocking paver deck in my backyard next year ( https://giantviewconstruction.com ).

I hired a landscaping company to widen my driveway/walkway with pavers about 10 years ago.

The first 5 years was virtually maintenance and problem free.

Judging by what I have seen on some of my neighbors' drive/walkways, weeds in the joints can be a problem. However, I started refilling the joints annually with polymeric sand and by and large, my driveway has been weed-free.

Since I park my car on the pavers, it was necessary to raise some of the pavers every year (but only after the fifth year).
With the right tools and supplies, this is not too hard for someone, who is semi-handy (at best).

If your contractor does not do a good job of preparing the bed for the pavers, you might have problems with pavers settling/shifting and weeds growing in the joints very soon after the work is done.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts