Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Some considered Direxion triple leverage ETFs Weapon of Mass Destruction to the market.

FAS/FAZ are triple leveraged etf that track Russell 1000 financials services index. These ETFs are not for long term investor. Guess the direction right you'll make 10% in one day. (Guess it wrong and you'll lose 10%.)

Some considers these ETFs crack cocaine for traders because they can't stop trading them. With over billion dollars traded each day, these ETFs are here to stay.

BULL

BEAR

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
oh, my. Look at that dollar thrifty auto. What happened to them in march besides march. Looks as if bankruptcy was coming down the tracks when suddenly some kind of financial sunshine broke out while disaster shunted into a side yard.

do you own it. I'm not going to buy it, but i have to admit the chart's still looking good.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was surprised to see the steadily increasing volume on FAZ. Then I realised that though the number of units traded has increased by an amount almost inversely proportional to the price. So the actual value traded hasn't actually changed as much.

I can see the attraction of the 3x and 2x leveraged ETFs for traders. Trend traders are always looking for volatility. Leveraged ETFs offer two and three times the volatility of the underlying index.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts