Canadian Money Forum banner

When will ING drop their TFSA rate from 3% in 2010?

• They won't in 2010, they may even raise it.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • By end of January

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Feb 1 - end of March

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • April 1 - end of June

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • July 1st - end of Sept

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • October 1st - Dec 31st

Votes: 0 0.0%

ING 3% TFSA rate

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  lister 
Now that I know you can move between TFSA accounts, I'll take ING up on their 3% as I want to hold some cash in case of a market drop, and when ING does drop the 3% or their is a market correction, I'll transfer to itrade, for free.
I just opened a TFSA account with Ally. Ally also allows moving a TFSA account for no fee. I find Ally and ING to be comparable in their rates.

To be honest I picked Ally because I didn't know ING Direct allows you to move the TFSA account out to another institution. You learn something every day.

Is this a cash account CC? or GIC? If GIC, is it cashable - penalty free (aside from losing promised interest)?
I opened a cash account but I'll consider their 1-year cashable GIC, which is cashable anytime and pays out the accrued interest if you do cash out. You don't lose interest. However, for the terms that are less than 1-year, you do lose the interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.