Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
TDS meaning deranged Trump supporters that will defend any crazy thing he says or does, then defend the opposite next week when he contradicts himself? You're quite right.
Latest word on the Michael Flynn case is that he has been completely exonerated. It seems the whole case against him was faked up by the FBI and the Obama administration to smear Trump. They knew the first day that he was innocent.
Simple explanation -

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Except that he pled guilty to the charges after he realized the evidence against him was too strong and he hoped for a reduced sentence.

He had top level legal counsel. Do you think they would have advised him to plead guilty if the evidence against him was weak ?

The guy is right on plea bargains, but that involves people who lack adequate legal counsel to represent them.

That isn't the case with Flynn.

·
Registered
12,390 Posts
Latest word on the Michael Flynn case is that he has been completely exonerated. It seems the whole case against him was faked up by the FBI and the Obama administration to smear Trump. They knew the first day that he was innocent.
Simple explanation -
Obama was still in office in 2017/2018? News to me.

The explanation is a lay person's spin.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Many Americans are challenging any bylaws that require wearing a mask.

They are talking all kinds of nonsense about government control, masks killing people, doctors being unqualified and doing the devils' work etc.

It is like a different world just across the border.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, I think even with only essential travel crossing the border, you would expect COVID to leak over the border through infected truck drivers. Especially as services (restaurants, hotels, etc.) are opening in Canada.
This is a problem that's so widely overlooked. We source so many products from the United States that it's bound to happen - somewhere someone isn't going to follow the proper safety protocols and reignite the spread

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think all this political "commotion" is deliberate.

The population can not handle being told that we need to hibernate for 2 solid years.
Too many would jump off balconies.

There is ZERO happening in the country.

The pretend political battles are to amuse the population and to have it appear that there is some success happening.

The population is being fed "Success" with congress passing legislation as the country continues to crumble.
They can pass laws all day and everyday ..... but the economy continues to collapse.

With Zero happening, just the agreement of political leaders to print more money is called

There are two political parties but there is only one slush fund for the Ruling Class,
They only pretend to have these exagerated differing of viewpoints and they all got their hands deep in the cookie jar.

50 million people on holidays or unemployed and Washington is talking about a July 4th holiday. Half the country is already on holidays. never you mind July 4th.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Interview with Flynn's attorney. There is no question now that he was framed and the frame up was approved at the highest level.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Interview with Flynn's attorney.
This Flynn story is just too complicated for me. Just about as complicated as 9-11 and Saudi Arabia.
Just too many theories to keep track of.
So, I got no opinion on the Flynn matter.

It is suggested that Russia has an inordinate amount of influence with American elections,

American progressives and intellectuals ("Leftie Heroes") are seen and interviewed on Russia Today. (NBC, CBS, ABC don't want to interview Leftie Heroes.)

Russian media does not have a kind word about America..
Russia Today always and continually pointed out the "Flaws" and inequalities within American society.

America does the same thing with Radio Europe,
American media does not have a kind word about Russia.

Operation Mockingbird
Operation Mockingbird is an alleged large-scale program of the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) that began in the early years of the Cold War and attempted to manipulate news media for propaganda purposes.
It funded student and cultural organizations and magazines as front organizations.
From Wikipedia

Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty
From Wikipedia

RT (TV network)
From Wikipedia

I think that Israel interferes in U.S. elections with AIPAC.
AIPAC had much more influence than Russia ever had.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Well.........there is the transcript of the conversations between Flynn and the Russians.

He did plead guilty to 2 charges, and he did get fired by Trump for lying to VP Mike Pence.

But never mind all that. He probably was framed by Obama.

·
Registered
12,513 Posts
Try pleading guilty in court and facing sentencing and then telling the judge you have thought it over and have changed your mind.

Maybe they will give you a "do over". Kind of like a legal "mulligan." Maybe......but I doubt it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Next ..... Flynn will be demanding his legal fees be paid by the government.

I sure wish that Poor Folks had all those quirks of justice and loopholes when they turned up for court.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Anyone interested in this thread should read Eric Reguly's Article in today's Globe and Mail (June 27th). "Forget the V-shaped recovery. Millions of Americans can't pay rent" - (behind a paywall)
Also, an article in the guardian
this quote stayed with me
“You look at the polls and think ‘he can’t win’,” tweeted Bill Kristol, who served in two Republican administrations. “But Trump’s path to victory doesn’t depend on persuading Americans. It depends on voter suppression, mass disinformation, foreign interference, and unabashed use of executive branch power to shape events, and perceptions, this fall.”​
Question is: Will it work?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Collateralized Loan Obligation - CLO

The Looming Bank Collapse
The U.S. financial system could be on the cusp of calamity. This time, we might not be able to save it.
By Frank Partnoy
July-August 2020 Issue

Collateralized Loan Obligation - CLO
From Wikipedia

Variable Interest Entity

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Re: Last 2 posts... I think there is a plausible scenario of a further deep dive in the US economy in the next 2-3 months with a corresponding dive in the equity markets to rival March. The inability of the American consumer to pay their bills and the likely collapse of the CLOs are ominously similar to the 2008-2009 crisis. Injecting more trillions will just keep the heartbeat going in the ICU.

The ongoing covid infection crisis in the USA will suppress the economy. Lock it down to reduce infection rates and economy deteriorates further. Let covid infections continue to run rampant (get worse) and business has to shut down operations/production lines anyway due to lack of healthy workers. Assembly line operations of all kinds, from auto to meat packing plants to service workers.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think there is a plausible scenario of a further deep dive in the US economy in the next 2-3 months with a corresponding dive in the equity markets to rival March.
Do you think that any large city requiring subway transportation can survive a 50 percent loss of pedestrian traffic in the center downtown core? Nobody wants to squeeze into a subway car. Passengers want some "Distancing",

How does the "City Center" survive for what might very well be a 2 year period?

Cities with less than 2 million people will be Okay. Property values will increase in the smaller cities because people will flee the larger cities.

But economic prosperity will not return to North America until the subway systems of any city can operate at 80 percent occupancy.

No country can withstand the economic damage that is now hitting all major cities in North America.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts