Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the ETF game, but very simply is there a really good income producing ETF? I understand some pay a monthly or a quarterly distribution. I prefer a monthly distribution but I will consider all. A Canadian or US ETF is my first choice. I have some liquid funds sitting around in a dud MMF and I would really like to try and generate some income from those funds. Again I am pretty new to ETF's but I will explore, research and watch all recommendations. I understand about risks in all of these types of things but any suggestions?

·
Banned
156 Posts
You could look at the Claymore Dividend fund (CDZ) which pays monthly. The other big Dividend fund that I've seen talked about is the iShares Canadian Dividend fund (XDV), however I believe it pays quarterly.

I think both claymore and iShares also have a few others that follow specific market indexes and also pay dividends.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could look at the Claymore Dividend fund (CDZ) which pays monthly. The other big Dividend fund that I've seen talked about is the iShares Canadian Dividend fund (XDV), however I believe it pays quarterly.

I think both claymore and iShares also have a few others that follow specific market indexes and also pay dividends.
The Claymore Dividend Fund (CDZ) seems to trade in a fairly low volume in relation to other things I am watching. Is this a concern? Especially in the event of a mass sell off and I happen to want to sell then too. Or say for example I have to sell the fund quickly? Just asking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts