Canadian Money Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
News release from BCE and T for Q1 results today. Both withdrawing 2020 guidance due to the uncertainties of COVID-19 impact. But no cuts to their dividends. T was supposed to raise their dividend this quarter but have deferred. However, reading between the lines, it sounds like they may get back on track during Q3 results in November which is when they usually do their 2nd increase during the year.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
So far this year my dividend income has increased at this point even though IPL reduced theirs. It will be interesting to see how my paycheck looks on Dec 31. My prediction is my dividend income will be up by 2-4%, just to be the contrarian around here.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
It will depend on the quality of one's holdings. I expect to be even, or up, on my Canadian component but for sure, my ex-Canada component will be lower given the slashing and burning in USA and Europe. Net-net, likely lower overall but that is okay. My survival plan factors in downside risk in investment income.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My prediction is my dividend income will be up by 2-4%, just to be the contrarian around here.
Because I have done quite a bit of de-risking, based on current yields, our overall div & int will go down by 10.9% and divs alone by 6.5%. This largely because cash from some equity sales went into low yield but safe GICs.
Dividends (and some interest) from the taxable accounts that we draw from should be up by 3.85% over 2019.

So far, only one holding, Methanex (held in RRIF), has cut dividend and I don't hold much of that.

Happy that I was able to dispose of the two risky pipelines and Vermilion without much of a loss. The remaining equities are mostly banks, utilities, telecoms. Plus a few others and about $150k now in utility/telecom perpetual & high spread RR pfds bought after they were carried down with the tide. One or two of my equities may reduce dividends. In fact none of us have any idea as to what "might" still happen.

No more trading for a while!

121 - 131 of 131 Posts