Canadian Money Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
Yup, still early but good to know in any case. I would imagine that 230,000 in Canada will be well over a million in a month or so ...
Sure ... but then again, is anyone anticipating that Canadians are going to be so different from the million plus in the UK that have received the vaccine to have a bad reaction?
Or how about those living in border states?

I could see some of the First Nations possibly having a concern. The run of the mill person on the street in Canada though, I expect would be similar.

We'll see if it takes more than a month or two to get over the million mark in Canada.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^ At the rate we're (Canada) going (now a dang supply issue ...) we will NEVER catch up or maybe until the pandemic is over.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
So the US vaccinated all those people with the understanding that the US had a "reserve" of vaccinations to give the 2nd vaccination.

Now they are saying there is no reserve and it was "shipped out". The governors are outraged and people want to know where the vaccines went.

Conspiracy theory alert. People are questioning what Pompeo and Kuchner were doing in Israel and the ME and if the vaccinations were shipped to them.

They are asking if that is the reason that Israel and the UAE have such a high rate of vaccinations compared to other countries.

Did the "reserve" vaccinations never exist (Trump administration lied for political reasons) or were they given or sold to another country ?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^ My guess is the $$$-motivated phenomenon.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So the US vaccinated all those people with the understanding that the US had a "reserve" of vaccinations to give the 2nd vaccination.

Now they are saying there is no reserve and it was "shipped out". The governors are outraged and people want to know where the vaccines went.

Conspiracy theory alert. People are questioning what Pompeo and Kuchner were doing in Israel and the ME and if the vaccinations were shipped to them.

They are asking if that is the reason that Israel and the UAE have such a high rate of vaccinations compared to other countries.

Did the "reserve" vaccinations never exist (Trump administration lied for political reasons) or were they given or sold to another country ?
Pretty bad over in Israel with case counts.

F21E89D0-4867-4122-9B35-79338504ED83.png

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
There is a shortage of vaccine for the second shot in Ontario. They used up the vaccine expanding the first shot and now have to play catch up with any new shipments.

The vaccination rate will be steady, but they will all be second shot vaccinations, so we aren't vaccinating "new" people for awhile.

The vaccination stats are meaningless. They should only count people who are fully vaccinated.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
My wife got her second shot today. Tomorrow is the last day they will administer the second shot due to lack of vaccine.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
There are two fundamental human characteristics that are difficult to keep out of most endeavors that humans find themselves in. The two characteristics I am talking about here are greed and bullying. In the case of vaccine, I would suspect the bullies would be found on the side of buyers and of course greed cannot help but play into the views and decisions of the sellers.

It will be fun, when this is all over, to see the more significant abuses come to light, that took place in the deliveries of vaccine. Perhaps we have an exception here but I highly doubt it. Exceptions have rarely happened in the past. As I said. Those are two fundamental characteristic that are found in almost all humans, and because of that they are very difficult to control, at the best of times.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts