Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
^ @sags the reason they can’t switch travel vaccination clinics to Covid clinics is the Pfizer vaccine requires extremely cold storage that very few facilities have. In my province, they can only do this near the hospitals or areas that have the freezers to keep the vaccine at -80. They are saving the Mondera vaccine for the LTC.

True, but the people performing the immunizations at the travel clinics could be moved to the Pfizer clinic and raise the number of vaccinations.

This is a marathon not a sprint.

I disagree with that statement. We are racing a virus that threatens to collapse our healthcare system and the economy. Employee fatigue is becoming a problem in hospitals and LTC homes. Qualified people are quitting or going on sick leave and there is nobody to replace them. If the vaccine rollout takes too long the virus could already have mutated again. There is a high probability that the next months will be the worst of the pandemic and a total lockdown will be necessary. Businesses will go bankrupt and the government will have to have another CERB and other support programs.

Not only are hospitals battling the COVID but they are also cancelling treatment for serious healthcare due to space and manpower. Our emergency departments are telling people with non-COVID medical issues NOT to go there. Family doctors are closed or limited to virtual only, so people are left without health care.

My problem mostly is I don't feel a sense of urgency coming from the Provinces and lower levels of government to vaccinate people.

What I see are politicians telling everyone to stay home and then going off on vacation themselves, and a continual need to push the governments before they respond to problems. Nothing seems to get done on it's own merit....without public outrage from media reports first.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ontario has committed to immunize all LTC reaidents and employees in all the hot spots by Jan 21.
should hopefully see a steep decline in deaths after that.

004C1447-4C1B-41C0-8202-969EF143CFD0.png

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^ Canada is behind Italy, unbelieveable.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
The media exposure must have lit a fire under the governments, because Trudeau applied pressure to ramp up vaccinations and Ford soon announced a ramp up of vaccinations.

Why does it always require media exposure after a lot of public complaints to get the government to do anything ?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Well it really depends on how a big a country is as well. It's pretty hard for it to get in some parts of Canada
... no, it depends who needs it most (aka the population # and where it is concentrated).

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
^ Canada is behind Italy, unbelieveable.
Not really
According to that data Italy and Canada are close on a per capita rate, also I'm not sure what and when the vaccine was approved in Italy.
I actually think Israel is a real standout all things considered.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Not really
According to that data Italy and Canada are close on a per capita rate, also I'm not sure what and when the vaccine was approved in Italy.
I actually think Israel is a real standout all things considered.
... I wonder why? Is Israel a bigger country than Canada with a bigger population or perhaps more $$$?

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
1.7M from a population of 8.9M is a very high vaccination rate.
... it's obvious with the stats there but that wasn't my question(s). I asked only because you bought up the starking number (real standout) from that country.

Canada's population is ~ 38M and our vaccination is ~235K as at Jan. 8, 2021 ... really sad, if not a joke.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
... it's obvious with the stats there but that wasn't my question(s). I asked only because you bought up the starking number (real standout) from that country.

Canada's population is ~ 38M and our vaccination is ~235K as at Jan. 8, 2021 ... really sad, if not a joke.
Not really, we just approved the vaccine and we have some quarter million shots.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Ontario just announced we are going to run out of vaccine in days.
Come on Trudeau, get us the vaccines we need.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
There are between 12,201,641 and 22,456,373 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Canada.

Shows my value to society lol.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
My wife was vaccinated last week. Is there a cash prize that goes with winning the vaccination lottery ?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts