Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an article claiming that she didn't lie, and that US selectivly quoted her to make it look like a lie to the bank.

This affair really looks sleazy.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I just read an article claiming that she didn't lie, and that US selectivly quoted her to make it look like a lie to the bank.

This affair really looks sleazy.
Trudeau is letting this drag out too long.
There should have been creative incompetence, or a quick turnaround. As it is we've been holding the bag too long.

Meng, Canada & the two Michaels are just pawns.

·
Registered
667 Posts
This article is not exactly on topic, but interesting about how things operate behind the scenes.

A recent Federal Court proceeding revealed how flawed interpretations of law were secretly perpetuated inside the Justice Department and CSIS.
By Leah West
July 22, 2020

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Trudeau is letting this drag out too long.
There should have been creative incompetence, or a quick turnaround. As it is we've been holding the bag too long.

Meng, Canada & the two Michaels are just pawns.
... I think there's still an escape pod for Trudeau. What was Lametti hired for?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
... I think there's still an escape pod for Trudeau. What was Lametti hired for?
What do you mean? Lametti is the Attorney General. Are you saying we should use political pressure to influence legal proceedings? I recall something about SNC Lavelin where everyone was saying that was not right.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
What do you mean? Lametti is the Attorney General. Are you saying we should use political pressure to influence legal proceedings? I recall something about SNC Lavelin where everyone was saying that was not right.
... exactly, Lametti is the AG and should be handling this aka Lametti and/or his department answering "all" enquiries on this affair, including those that are coming from the Dump's office.

However, it's kind of late for Junior to do a turn about given the SNC Lavalin boondoggle. And now another upcoming scandal with WE. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
... exactly, Lametti is the AG and should be handling this aka Lametti and/or his department answering "all" enquiries on this affair, including those that are coming from the Dump's office.

However, it's kind of late for Junior to do a turn about given the SNC Lavalin boondoggle. And now another upcoming scandal with WE. :rolleyes:
Scandal? What's a billion dollars between "close personal friends".

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Bearing in mind the AG who approved scooping up Ms. Meng on behalf of the US was none other than...............Jody Wilson Raybould.

Former cabinet ministers in her position have stated publicly they would have delayed detaining Ms. Meng and let her leave the country.

Sorry.....she has already left Canada, would be a lot better than this mess that JWR created and dumped in Trudeau's lap.

JT's biggest mistake thus far is appointing JWR in the first place. She was a disaster as a cabinet minister.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Bearing in mind the AG who approved scooping up Ms. Meng on behalf of the US was none other than...............Jody Wilson Raybould.

Former cabinet ministers in her position have stated publicly they would have delayed detaining Ms. Meng and let her leave the country.

Sorry.....she has already left Canada, would be a lot better than this mess that JWR created and dumped in Trudeau's lap.
... and who were they?

JT's biggest mistake thus far is appointing JWR in the first place. She was a disaster as a cabinet minister.
... don't agree. His biggest mistake is using political power to influence areas outside of his expertise or better known as sticking his nose where it doesn't belong ... to a lesser degree than the Dump though. As well as keeping up with the selfies ... aka make himself looking as being unbiased/non-prejudiced (nothing to say about the hypocrisy) by appointing the first Indigenous AG.

Why didn't he just simply let her do her job as she's supposedly appointed for instead of harassing/puppeting her with his derrieres-kissing buddies?

And please spare me the excuse of "saving jobs" at SNC Lavalin in the La Belle province when out west, the oil industry is collapsing .. nothing to say there're 9 other provinces + 2 territories in "Canada" of which he's the PM of.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Former Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister John Manley for one.

Former PM Jean Chretien and the others who were attacked by Conservatives for suggesting Canada should trade Meng for the 2 Canadians for others.

Manley says Attorney General Jody Wilson-Raybould shouldn't have flagged the issue with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

It's a bit late, I guess, now. But was it a mistake for Canada to detain Ms. Meng ?

As I said, I think it was a good opportunity for a little bit of creative incompetence on the part of Canadian authorities and somehow just miss her.

This has happened from time to time that we sometimes don't always do exactly everything we needed to do and the world really wouldn't have been any wiser about it. But once the prime minister was informed, which apparently he was, we're really obliged by our treaties to act in accordance with the law. The trouble with the prime minister having been informed, and I don't think he should have been, is to the Chinese that means this was political.

The good news is the Liberal MPs told Raybould to take a hike.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
^ Well, what happened had happened and the current AG is Lametti. So what's he going to do? Or is he waiting for the PMO for directions?

The good news is the Liberal MPs told Raybould to take a hike.
... I wouldn't call that "good" news ... in fact that's pretty sad if you really think about it. But then that's people in politics ... nothing but a bunch of time-wasting ***-kissing back-stabbers.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
it is usually sleazy when business and politics is involved.

Just look at the gyrations that the US Went through to convince us to buy that dog of a fighter the F35. Now US Defense dept is all over the manufacturer to fix inherent defects and replace the hopelessly outdated avionics package. But they wanted us and others to shell out for that lemon so that we would have a unified fleet of lemons! At that time they claimed the F35 as a state of the art wonder. Fortunately no sale Uncle Sam!

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Since when is the US worried that a Chinese national "lied to" a Chinese bank........even if it were true ?

To say they are all about transparency and the law is laughable. This bank they accuse Meng of lying to paid a huge settlement fee to escape US law under their prosecution deferral regime. The bank is a bunch of crooks that got caught and are now doing the US bidding making false accusations against Meng.

Send Meng to China and tell the Trump to kiss our hockey pants. If Trudeau did that, Canadians would give him a standing ovation.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Canada was asked to pay
Send her to China and tell the US to kiss our hockey pants.
If Canada begins to show any independence, the U.S. will punish Canada relentlessly.
America will treat Canada as they are treating Venezuela and countless other countries.
The U.S. based credit rating agencies would destroy Canada overnight.

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Screw Trump. He is as good as gone anyways. Biden would be happy to have Canada set him off on a rant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts