Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Could somebody kindly point out where in the notice of assessment I could see how much tax credit I received for my RRSP investment? In the assessment notice, I can see the total credit amount as a lump sum.

How could I ensure that I put the RRSP tax return back into my RRSP account unless I figured out the exact return?!

Anyone, please comment on how you read it in your notice.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Using your tax software that you used to prepare your return, remove the RRSP deposit and note the refund, and then put the RRSP deposit back and note the refund. The difference is the advantage the deposit created.

ltr

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using your tax software that you used to prepare your return, remove the RRSP deposit and note the refund, and then put the RRSP deposit back and note the refund. The difference is the advantage the deposit created.

ltr
like_to_retire, i understand your point, but, all those software programs would help you file your return that is ultimately subject to approval by CRA. To mention my own case as an example, I used UFile and according to UFILE, my tax credit amounted to about $5120. But then CRA's assessment made it to be $5405. So, as you can see, I cannot ascertain based on any tax software.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Sure you can. Use your assessment notice and find the mistake in your submission with your tax software. You've made some mistake that will be revealed if you go through the assessment.

ltr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts