Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't be racist.

That's it.
If you're the bank, and someone comes with a good idea, fund it, if it's a bad idea, don't fund it.
We don't need different banking systems for each race. That's racist and wrong.

Lets treat people like individuals and like, not be racist?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Agreed. I would say 99.5% of us are doing that.

But there seems to be heavily vested interests on keeping us fighting each other- over nonsense.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agreed. I would say 99.5% of us are doing that.

But there seems to be heavily vested interests on keeping us fighting each other- over nonsense.
Thomas Sowell wrote about this.
But I don't think white supremacists would be particularly fond of a Black mans writings on race.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Things are not this simple, there are far more covert racist out there, and many normal people hold racist attitude without knowing about it.
I have given up on trying to persuade people, so my only hope is that those believe will die with the people that hold them.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I am working on a solution. I am white, Scandinavian background. My wife is from S.E. Asia. Our kid is a mix of those two. We must all do our part by marrying interracially. Well, okay, marriage is perhaps a relic of the past, so let's use the BC Family Law Act term "marriage-like relationship" (which has made "common law" somewhat outmoded).

So let's get blacks hooking up with whites, with Asians, and so on and get everyone doing same. No more partnering with someone of same race. That should be frowned upon or maybe even criminalized. In time, races will die out and we'll all be the same. Simply the human race.

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am working on a solution. I am white, Scandinavian background. My wife is from S.E. Asia. Our kid is a mix of those two. We must all do our part by marrying interracially. Well, okay, marriage is perhaps a relic of the past, so let's use the BC Family Law Act term "marriage-like relationship" (which has made "common law" somewhat outmoded).

So let's get blacks hooking up with whites, with Asians, and so on and get everyone doing same. No more partnering with someone of same race. That should be frowned upon or maybe even criminalized. In time, races will die out and we'll all be the same. Simply the human race.
Yeah, your solution is racist.
I reject it on that grounds.

Also historically eugenics based solutions tend to end poorly.
I reject it on those grounds as well.

Thirdly I don't think the government should be involved in allocating sexual partners.
I reject it on those grounds as well.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
^ Oh dear, another fond hope dashed. The fond hope was not so much that anyone here would take me seriously as it was to inject a little levity, something seldom seen on CMF, more's the pity.

I wonder if we can or should get back to our CMF roots. This forum seems to have become increasingly diverted from the airing of financial issues. The dominant threads now seem to relate to far-removed topics such as diet, racism, residential schools, earwigs, rotten door frames, C-19, electric vehicles, etc., etc.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Don't get discouraged MP........I still chuckle about a post you made early in the pandemic about being dressed up like Mad Max........:)

I think that is part of the problem these days. We have forgotten how to laugh at ourselves.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Can someone explain this thread to me?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
^ Oh dear, another fond hope dashed. The fond hope was not so much that anyone here would take me seriously as it was to inject a little levity, something seldom seen on CMF, more's the pity.

I wonder if we can or should get back to our CMF roots. This forum seems to have become increasingly diverted from the airing of financial issues. The dominant threads now seem to relate to far-removed topics such as diet, racism, residential schools, earwigs, rotten door frames, C-19, electric vehicles, etc., etc.
My stocks went down >$10,000 today! I am airing my issues! I blame racism...

I'm very racist against earwigs and electric cars though. I want them all dead. So I don't know how to end racism, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
My stocks went down >$10,000 today! I am airing my issues! I blame racism...

I'm very racist against earwigs and electric cars though. I want them all dead. So I don't know how to end racism, unfortunately.
Now that's the spirit peterk!

All you have to do, perhaps, is to get Trudeau to apologize for the racism and that should be a open sesame to compensation for your $10,000 loss. Maybe he'll even pledge an end to earwigs and electric cars.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I'm racist against this thread.
What is this nonsense?

@ Mods, Can we delete this thread?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think we got a better shot at ending earwigs than racism, or climate change. So I'd say give it a shot!

Apparently KAEJS is too mature to solve any of these serious problems... Perhaps he'll go away to think about it quietly for 1-2 years and come back with a solution for us. ;)

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
^ It's threads like these that cause people to leave for 1-2 years. =)

But racism isn't solvable. Fact. That's why I don't understand this thread.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
^ Are you unable to simply ignore this thread then?

Sure, it strays from any financial focus, but many threads do that from time to time. Above, I commented that we seemed to be seeing more of that than usual of late. But nothing to get offended about. Very easy to separate the wheat from the chaff and to be selective about what you chose to read/respond to.

And, while you might see racism as unsolvable, I am not sure that's a proven "fact" as you suggest. Some of us believe humans are capable of change, even changing negative behaviours and traits when motivated to do so. Unlike you, I have not given up or abandoned hope that the world will have eradicated racism, or at least manifest much less racism, when our children are grown.

Do you really want this forum moderated to the extent you suggest? You ask that this rather innocuous thread be struck. Seems a bit of an overreaction.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I mean, I guess the thread is posted in the right place. It just seems like a nonsense thread, that's all.

OP makes a post that says "Don't be racist. That's it."

Should I make a thread called "How to end homicide" and then post "Don't kill people. That's it."

Just seems silly...

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Look at it this way, what with C-19 and all else, we all have enough serious stuff to occupy our thoughts. Perhaps a bit of silliness won't hurt.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
This thread offends me. 😂

1 - 20 of 90 Posts