Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone:

I own some XSH in a registered TD account. The dates I've received payments have been anywhere between the last day of the month, and the 7th or 8th of the next month. How long should it take for those distribs to show up if the payments are cash? What if the payments involve a DRIP?

A TD rep. today told me it can take up to two weeks after an official payment date for a DRIP payment to show up. Is that accurate/reasonable?

What are the equivalent turnaround times for regular funds?

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? Come on, someone must at least know how long it takes their distribs from ETFs to show up in their account. Tell me your experiences. Please.

Hi everyone:

I own some XSH in a registered TD account. The dates I've received payments have been anywhere between the last day of the month, and the 7th or 8th of the next month. How long should it take for those distribs to show up if the payments are cash? What if the payments involve a DRIP?

A TD rep. today told me it can take up to two weeks after an official payment date for a DRIP payment to show up. Is that accurate/reasonable?

What are the equivalent turnaround times for regular funds?

Thanks

·
Banned
12,035 Posts
Nobody? Come on, someone must at least know how long it takes their distribs from ETFs to show up in their account. Tell me your experiences. Please.
OP is right. TD has very strange dividend payments approach... not only with ETFs , but also with some stocks....for example RCI.B I dividends I was geting in 3-4 weeks after payment dte... i also was calling and asking reps and nobody could've tell me... 4-5 years ago I transfered my account into CIBC IE and start getting distributions next day after payment date (except HR.UN that I get 3 days later)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have 5 TDDI accounts and ETF distributions from iShares Canada, Vanguard Canada and BMO always are deposited into the account on the date the ETF company pays the distribution. There is no delay. I have not used DRIPs with TDDI for a few years, but the synthetic DRIP shares were purchased in my TFSA on the same date as the distribution was paid.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
... I own some XSH in a registered TD account.
XSH is Shares Core Canadian Short Term Corporate + Maple Bond Index ETF. Blackrock reports that it pays monthly, in the last few days of each month.
Don't own XSH, but do FIE and XRE which are also end-of-month payors, held in a registered acc at TDDI.
According to monthly statements, it looks like they paid and drip'd on the proper end-of-month date throughout last year.

If you are looking online a few days after the expected payment, you may not be seeing it - they seem to often do journal entries after the fact, but they are back-dated to the proper day and drip pricing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts