Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
But this year is different since there's lots of pent up expansion that will occur once they create a COVID vaccine, and then everything will go back to normal.

Oh wait - never mind.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ha! Meanwhile, so far this month I'm in the gre... red.

(Nah I'm in the green.)

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Pent up demand because people didn't pay their mortgages, rent, car payments, credit card bills, or student loans ?

Back to normal will mean "catch up" time for some people. The mortgages, car loans, credit cards get added to a the end. The landlord wants their cash.

So......people that own homes and owe on other bills had extra cash to spend, but they likely already spent it on Amazon.

The renters who deferred.....I expect we will be hearing stories of woe and despair in the news.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
The saying is "Sell in May and go away, come back on St. Leger's Day". St. Leger's Day is September 2.
This was an old saying of speculators and traders who swung a big line. The markets were usually dull in summer with thin volume and not much action. Not worth the bother if you had a good winter and spring, you could go on vacation for the summer and come back in the fall.
Like a lot of market truisms this does not hold as much water as it used to. Some years the markets are dull in summer, but not recently.

·
Registered
687 Posts
May is the best month for Ethereum from May 1st to June 16 over last 5 years 80% wins average gain 67.25%. From April 5 to June 16 5 years 100% wins average win 119.36%.

From Dec 6 to June 16 last 5 years 100% wins 449% average gain. From June 16 to Dec 6 average loss 33.5% 40% wins over 5 years

Ethereum is my best seasonal trade

google ethereum seasonax to see charts with own eyes.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May is the best month for Ethereum from May 1st to June 16 over last 5 years 80% wins average gain 67.25%. From April 5 to June 16 5 years 100% wins average win 119.36%.

From Dec 6 to June 16 last 5 years 100% wins 449% average gain. From June 16 to Dec 6 average loss 33.5% 40% wins over 5 years

Ethereum is my best seasonal trade

google ethereum seasonax to see charts with own eyes.
which stock(s) to buy, wolf?

ps..... ' the heck IS Ethereum, anyway?

·
Registered
687 Posts
which stock(s) to buy, wolf?

ps..... ' the heck IS Ethereum, anyway?
Can use ETHE grayscale Ethereum to trade like a regular ETN, stock or etf or can trade it on an exchange that trades Crypto or I guess through something like wealth simple. ETHE price often has a huge premium over the underlying.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
' the heck IS Ethereum, anyway?
Ethereum is a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin. Both equally worthless.

As Warren Buffet said: Cryptocurrencies are a worthless delusion. "Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don't produce anything. They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem. In terms of value: zero."

ltr

·
Registered
204 Posts

As Warren Buffet said: Cryptocurrencies are a worthless delusion. "Cryptocurrencies basically have no value and they don't produce anything. They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem. In terms of value: zero."

ltr

ETH can be looked like a platform for transactions similar to the internet is a platform for exchanging data.

You realize warren has been wrong before?

Most crypto is garbage but there are some projects that should be looked at with an open mind.

·
Registered
687 Posts

ltr
The average life span of a stock listed on the S&P is less then 18 years. Buffet says buy stock for your retirement but fails to tell the rest of the story. The old adage on wall street is "the public is not allowed to make money"

Does not matter to me if most stocks I buy & sell over my life time will become worthless because I trade based on price & not fundamentals

1 - 12 of 12 Posts