Canadian Money Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
We know that fully vaccinated people can still get infected and spread the virus, so the vaccines have for the most part only changed the degree of illness suffered by those who are vaccinated.

It doesn't protect other people who are not vaccinated and come into contact with them.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Interesting read from a Canadian psychologist .

Once these mind viruses take hold of one’s neuronal circuitry, the afflicted victim loses the ability to use reason, logic, and science to navigate the world. Instead, one sinks into an abyss of infinite lunacy best defined by a dogged and proud departure from reality, common sense, and truth.

·
Registered
13,560 Posts
Interesting read from a Canadian psychologist .

Once these mind viruses take hold of one’s neuronal circuitry, the afflicted victim loses the ability to use reason, logic, and science to navigate the world. Instead, one sinks into an abyss of infinite lunacy best defined by a dogged and proud departure from reality, common sense, and truth.

If you think only the left are susceptible, maybe you have a 'mind virus' of your own.

I've followed Gad Saad for years. I don't think this is a particularly novel idea, I'd say it was originally popularized by Richard Dawkins. I became aware of Gad Saad because of his opposition to anti-free speech protests on university campuses disrupting and otherwise trying to deplatform speakers with whom they disagree.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
I definitely think it affects left & right leaning followers...peer pressure is rampant.
Gad Saad is not alone or unique other than he is a Canadian like Peterson...I enjoy them both.

He does a good job explaining opinions in this thread.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
This has been a horrible problem among the right wing in the last few years, especially with Trump & the alt-right encouraging loony thinking (and Trump being the poster child for it).

Facebook in particular is responsible for spreading a huge amount of disinformation, conspiracy theories, and providing a dangerous echo chamber for right wing people.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
internment camps is just a beginning.... soon everyone who doesn't share Liberal "values" can spend their time in "mental hospital" - Canada is becoming new Soviet Union

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
We know that fully vaccinated people can still get infected and spread the virus, so the vaccines have for the most part only changed the degree of illness suffered by those who are vaccinated.

It doesn't protect other people who are not vaccinated and come into contact with them.
No vaccine give you 100% safety, inferior AZ that Canada trying to inject to their people (as they got this garbage 1.5 from US) is about 70% efficency... so even if everyone gets vaccine "people can still get infected and spread the virus", so you suggest that Trudeau-hotel-internment camps should exist for good?! Welcome Liberal dictatorship!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
If the snowbirds find the accommodations not up their standards, they should send a sternly worded letter to the CEO of the hotel, so that action can immediately be taken to rectify the situation.
Not sure of your point. Is the Trudeau government not responsible for the hotel detentions?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
No vaccine give you 100% safety, inferior AZ that Canada trying to inject to their people (as they got this garbage 1.5 from US) is about 70% efficency... so even if everyone gets vaccine "people can still get infected and spread the virus", so you suggest that Trudeau-hotel-internment camps should exist for good?! Welcome Liberal dictatorship!
The Israeli/Pfiser data coming from millions of vaccinations is saying that transmission is reduced by 97%. Essentially the possibility of being asymptotic after vaccination is almost impossible. They have thousands upon thousands of PCR tests to prove their point. The CDC on the relevant data says vaccinated people do not need to be quarantined even if they have been in contact with covid infected people. Why don't people want to accept this good news and continue to repeat the false information about fully vaccinated people being a source for spreading covid. It is simply wrong and very misleading to repeat that nonsense.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
"Canada — the land mass directly to our north and our single largest trading partner, with whom we share the longest international border in the world — took a dramatic move toward legitimately dangerous authoritarianism. "

On Monday, the country’s prime minister, Justin Trudeau, outlined his government’s new corona regulations. Canadians hoping to return to their country must be tested before and after takeoff, he said, adding: "If your test results come back positive, you’ll need to immediately quarantine in designated government facilities. This is not optional."

"Designated government facilities." When this happens in other countries, and it does, we call those internment camps. Because this is Canada we’re talking about, a place we assume is passive and polite and Anglo to the point of parody, no one thinks to use that term.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Suddenly, Canada is a flagrant violator of the most basic human rights. Fail a COVID test and they’ll lock you up without trial. Go ahead and try to disobey. According to the Canadian government, anyone who attempts to avoid detention in a government internment facility could face a million-dollar fine and three years in prison.

This is Justin Trudeau’s Canada. It’s funny, Trudeau always seemed like a cheerful idiot, wearing weird costumes and yammering on about diversity. Who knew he was Mussolini?

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
Or like Gaza, right gibor!?
By 22 September 2005, Israel's withdrawal from the entire Gaza Strip to the 1967 Green Line, and the eviction of the four settlements in Samaria, was completed. In June 2007 Hamas took over the Gaza Strip from the Palestinian Authority. Don't care what "camps" Hamas setting up ... But it's nice that you compare Liberals with Hamas! Way to go! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Not trolling here........If a majority of the population agrees with a policy, then is it always right to enact that policy?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Not trolling here........If a majority of the population agrees with a policy, then is it always right to enact that policy?
The German people in the 1930s were very supportive of Hitler's policies. I thought this government said they would decide policy based on the science. May-be we have a avenue for big reforms.. Abolish Parliament and make our decisions based on direct democracy. You might like that system its not my cup of tea. I recall a quote from Churchill it said some thing like this" the most damning argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" I wish PSA would be transparent with their testing on travellers. They should be able to provide the following on a weekly and gross basis 1. the number of snowbirds who entered Canada, the number that tested positive, the number who were vaccinated and the number of vaccinated people who tested positive. I am convinced that the government doesn't want to reveal this information as they would find it embarrassing. If the main objective is punishment for breaking a non-existent law just say.

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
I read somewhere that "democracy is not to do what majority wants, but to give equal rights to minorities" or it's going to be The tyranny of the majority ) is an inherent weakness to majority rule in which the majority of an electorate pursues exclusively its own objectives at the expense of those of the minority factions.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts