Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
ROFL, I've always wanted to try mining, and this thread got to me. I installed "cudo miner" and have it running now. It estimates I'll make 1661 sats/month. Which from my understanding 1 sat is 100,000,000 of a bitcoin. At today's prices my 1661 sats would work out to $0.64. HAHA!

Are there more profitable programs for a noob like me to just have run in the background? I guess I would really have to upgrade my computing power to make this worth it.

Mat

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
ROFL, I've always wanted to try mining, and this thread got to me. I installed "cudo miner" and have it running now. It estimates I'll make 1661 sats/month. Which from my understanding 1 sat is 100,000,000 of a bitcoin. At today's prices my 1661 sats would work out to $0.64. HAHA!

Are there more profitable programs for a noob like me to just have run in the background? I guess I would really have to upgrade my computing power to make this worth it.

Mat
You won't compete with ASICs

You want to mine something ASIC resistant like Ergo. You could mine ethereum but they will kill off mining soon anyways

Might as well mine Ergo and hodl.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
So how do I mine Ergo and hodl? Maybe I could get an ASIC figured out if it made financial sense

Mat
Just google or youtube it.. or I can explain to you how to mine it into my wallet

For ASICs you might as well just buy BITF, HUT, HIVE etc. There are also companies that will run ASICs for you

Unless you have very cheap electricity you won't compete especially in a bear market

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I'll do some youtubing. I did notice the short time I ran my laptop it was smokin' hot. If I go a dedicated computer route I could just plug it in here at the office for free hydro :p

M

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
Thanks. I'll do some youtubing. I did notice the short time I ran my laptop it was smokin' hot. If I go a dedicated computer route I could just plug it in here at the office for free hydro :p

M
Yes, stealing electricity from work... great idea!

I found it was very easy to run a successful office supply store, when i just sold stuff from the supply cabinet at work! Easy money!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts