Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing my first home in the coming months. I am the type of person that needs to know every detail before commiting to a purchase, especially a purchase as large as a house.

Now I've read alot of the posts on this forum and have learned quite a bit so far. I was wondering if anyone had any home buying resources (book recommendations, websites) or tips that they could share with me and anyone else looking to purchase a new house.
Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm not sure where you live, but in Toronto they have home buying workshops done by a group at remax. It was informative. I ended up not using their services, but like you figured it couldn't hurt to learn a little more.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Your local library will probably have quite a number of books on the process and how to write the offer, etc. My local branch did. They gave me a good enough education that I caught the bad wording the agent tried to force on me. When they refused to write the offer I wanted to make, I wrote it myself and cut them out of their fees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info provided so far.

So far I found CMHC's website to be the most informative so far. They were helpful on the affordability of owning a house.

Too bad I am in the Ottawa area. I would have loved to go to that home buying workshop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts