Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All the details of your airline credit, such as traveler name, amount, and expiration date, will be emailed to you in a confirmation email that you will receive soon.
Almost a month since Expedia last contacted us. I suppose “soon” in the email above means a month or more. Information on their website says refunds/credits are taking 8 weeks. our flight was scheduled for 5 weeks ago.

I‘ve read that Wesjet has changed their position on credits. They will now offer refunds for flights that were going to the US or the UK. I presume to match those nations’ airline refund policies.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Still nothing from Expedia regarding my travel credits. It’s been almost 3 months since my flights were cancelled. I heard from them on June 11 saying it was being escalated to head office. Nothing since and no response to repeated follow ups.

I find it hard to believe that they are still this far behind resolving.

do I go the credit card chargeback route?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a member of "Elliot Advocacy" at Elliot.org. They specialize in consumer problems with large corporations. Worth while to check them out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
do I go the credit card chargeback route?
I would have done that 2 weeks after Expedia procrastinated with the refund. There is a time limit of 120 days with Visa and Mastercard to initiate a chargeback for "Services Not Provided or Merchandise Not Received", so hurry up and get that done.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I would have done that 2 weeks after Expedia procrastinated with the refund. There is a time limit of 120 days with Visa and Mastercard to initiate a chargeback for "Services Not Provided or Merchandise Not Received", so hurry up and get that done.
I paid for the trip in December.....is it 120 days from payment date or 120 days from the original planned Serviced date.

i did get an email from Expedia saying that they are offering a credit of xxx dollars for the WestJet leg....but no details of an expiry date. No email regarding the air canada leg.

then through Twitter, Expedia contacted me and said westjet is offering a 24 month credit and an air canada credit of 17 months. When I asked about air canada offering a 24 month credit (and recently offering an unlimited expiry date credit), the rep said “yes, that is the time frame they have advised. You can read this on the air canada website”.

so now I’m confused as the AC site says credits don’t expire. I’m just not sure what the “yes” Expedia was referring to......the 17 month credit or the unlimited credit.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I initiated my chargeback request for the two flights. Combination of conflicting and delayed responses between Expedia, air canada and WestJet. The ONLY official proacrive communication from Expedia came a few days ago stating a credit had been issued, but without details of expiry date, conditions etc.

the credit card rep sounded optimistic and said people who had insisted chargebacks in March are now starting to see their money refunded.

I was reluctant to go down this path, but the lack of clear communication 13 weeks after the flights were cancelled Broke me.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts